Celexa 40mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

so ive been on celexa for 2 year started the with 20 and if i got bad i highered the dose so ive been 40mg for 7 months and Ive been getting anxiety and migranes everday for 3 weeks...Since i started 40mg it was like the perfect dose until now.I dont understand how it works good for a year or so then it comes back and stays.Does it have anything to do with taking painkillers advil/aleve/tylenol does taht affect the way it works? what should i do? I get so depressed when it comes back cus im doing good then boom once i wake i can already tell its there

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess

I know your pain I have been on citolpram for 6 month and I have constantly had problems on them. When I was on 40mg I felt like I was on a high all time so I went on to 30 which I would have temple headaches all the time and the give me insomnia. I think they are rubbish doing work for me if did was only for day or 2. I'm on 10mg now every other day and my doctor has give me amitriptyline 10mg to start next week. I hope you get things sorted cause the way mental health makes you feel is horrible.

• Posted

yes it does suck so much.Sorry to hear they didnt work for you.They work for me but then its seems it stops

• Posted

40mg is the maximum dose and it might be that 40mg is too much for you - I know lots of people struggle with this dose and they end up with constant side effects which includes anxiety. I know you've taken that for 7 months but it could be now they've settled they may be the culprit of your migraines?

Sometimes a small adjustment in the dose might do the trick?

• Posted

what small adjustment are you suggesting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.