celexa

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took an over the counter sleep aid last night just to help me stay asleep. I take my celexa in the morning but this morning I am feeling very very tired. I took the sleep aid at 9pm. My Dr said it was OK to take them together. Om just still feeling very drowsy and also nodding off but getting starteld awake.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle, would your Dr not prescribe you a med which would help you sleep in the short term. I was prescribed Zopiclone 7.5 mg, I only ever take half of one at night if and when I need it, they are very quick acting and don't leave you feeling groggy in the morning either.
    • Posted

I think I will be asking him for something g when I go back to see him. I also have to be careful due to medical problems I have. So I have to watch out for those side effects as well.
    • Posted

Yes Danielle, I would defo ask your Dr, cause he knows all your medical history and what affects it's likely to have with what ur taking. Best of luck with that x
  • Posted

Hi Danielle,

Have you tried taking Celexa before bedtime? I used to take it at varying times of the day and after having vivid, multiple dreams it was suggested, here, to try taking before bed. Well, it did work for me and I feel that Cita (Celexa is called Citalopram here in UK) worked while I was asleep and resting better than during the day. 

Once you get into the routine of taking it and petit a petit celexa works things will get better. Just try to remain positive and try taking vitamins D3 and B6 to help the old serotonin levels. These are safe as houses to take with Celexa. 

If you can rest and let this wave of tiredness pass on by.

Regards,

David

• Posted

I have and it made me feel worse probably because the first day I took it during the day. If I would have taken it at night on the first day it may have worked better for me. So I just continue to take it in the mornings.
    • Posted

My GP said better to take in the morning, as it can cause sleep disturbance if taken at night. But I suppose it just depends on each individual and how it affects them.
    • Posted

I seem to be sleeping OK I just wake up with cold sweats some mornings and wake up and can't go back to sleep say at lime 4 am when I don't have to be up until 6:30
    • Posted

Morning Danielle,

You must always go with what suits you and you are comfortable with. There is no reason why you can't still change and if you ever decide to do it gradually and in stages, like an hour or two later each day.

In the meantime keep looking and learning, you ain't alone!

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.