Celexa adjustment hell

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi

I am new to this. started celexa due to severe constant panic attacks and 24/7 anxiety. today is day 5 at 10mg once a day and i feel like crap ... major anxiety and constant exhaustion. my dr keeps saying its normal and to hang in there. why would a pill to counter anxiety give you 10x more anxiety? i understand no difference but to make things worse just plain sucks ! can anyone offer encouragement 😦 feeling out of sorts completely

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this is completely normal. Unfortunately Citalopram does tend to make anxiety worse before it makes it better. For me, it made it worse for the first 11 days then started to see an improvement! Stick with it, you're not far off x

• Posted

Hi

yes it's true it has to get worse before it gets better on this pill Celexa

do u also have side effects as of starting this meds

if so that's normal to sad to say this is a tuff pill to go thought not a lie

also u early in on this pill it gets better with time , weeks

hope I could help u a bit

if u have more questions about this meds and what's going on with u while

still on it and days pass by u can ask me anytime

• Posted

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I feel as though sometimes I'm going out of my mind...I am so much looking forward to when this pill takes effect. I need a break from the constant anxiety. I'm definately going to tough it out...send me some good vibes! at night I have to take a bezo to sleep...i never thought id be at this point in my life

😃

• Posted

im going through the same symptoms as you im 2 weeks in my side effects went within that time now its just going to take time to pick me up

• Posted

you will get better .try not to make any changes with the dose.tomorrow will be a better day.thank goodness for your benzo.

• Posted

amen to that when the anxiety from celexa hits its the worse feeling. jittery, shaky, foggy mind etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.