Celexa day 3

Posted , 9 users are following.

Suffered increasing anxiety for the past few years, tried to go on Prozac again but made it horribly worse so Dr put on 10mg celexa. On day 1 it was good, day 2 was space feeling and shaky feeling on inside. Day 3 I've had increased anxiety all day and feel really shaky. Please tell me this gets better. Also pms going on so maybe that's not helping. Heart palps have increased some as well--had were part of reason to start an SSRI in the first place. Had less sleep the last few nights too. Might take clonazepam to help relax some tonight. I just really hopes this drug works. Tired of feeling like I can't do anything due to anxiety. I've always been so outgoing, now don't want to do anything for fear of anxiety attack.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So frustrated. Now the Dr wants me to quit the celexa says the side effects aren't normal. Great now I feel like I'm starting all over.

• Posted

Well actually this was a new one . Maybe just not the right one. The last one always just blew it off to thyroid.

• Posted

You already know all these brain meds come with lots of weird side effects...
    • Posted

That's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure it was amped last night cause I was worried about the heart palps, but I met with a heart doc last year and my heart is healthy just pvcs. I figured I made it almost a week hate to give up and start over. Thanks for your insight.

• Posted

Only one week..wow you gotta along way to go..
  • Posted

Dr decided to let me stay on the celexa for a couple more weeks. So hopefully I can get thru these side effects and feel like my old self soon. Anxiety sucks. Decided to try ART therapy as well. Anyone else have lick with That?

• Posted

Thankful for a good night's sleep finally last night. Really helps make it easier to face the day.

• Posted

Well I had gone to just 5 mg to help the first week anxiety per doctor. For 2 days actually generally good. Then woke up this morning early with panic and heart palps again, ticking in ear, increased muscle twitches. Thinking I should go back to 10 mg but if only t does this what the heck. I know I'm sensitive. Hard to know what is the anxiety and what is the drug. I also felt like my insides were jumping every direction this morning. Crazy. Hopefully this is all normal.

• Posted

im on day 3 now and its absolutly horrible im on 20mg celexa, how long is it roughly until i start to feel a little better, since taking i have gone downhill , shaking constantly , spaced out a little, not eating at all , feeling sick , nobody to talk to

• Posted

Hi James,

did you start on 10mg previously or have you been put on 20mg to start off with? Please don't give up or feel disheartened, 3 days is too early to see any major improvements, this medication takes a while to get into your system and until you start feeling the full benefits. I felt worse before I started feeling better, the first 2 weeks on 10mg i felt awful, insomnia, heart palpitations, nausea, no appetite in the mornings, i had sensitivity to noise, couldn't leave the house, and I just felt empty emotionally. When I increased to 20mg and then up to 30mg I did go through some side effects with each increase, but it was not as bad as starting on 10mg. However with every week that went past I slowly started to get better, as will you. Some days it will feel like you've progressed, and others it will be as if you've taken 2 steps back. This is all normal and part of the process. Keep talking on this forum, there are some lovely people on here. Hope you feel better soon 😃

• Posted

hi there , i did have a bad stint of anxiety in march and the doctor put me on 10mg , he only gave me 28 days worth and me being stupid thought well i feel better now so ill not bother going back , my anxiety was no way near on the same level as it is this time so i asked for a higher dose , , i have all the same side effects as you , i really really want to start and see an improvement , i will stick with the forum and keep my progress updated , i really do appreciate the help and support as i dont have many people to talk to about it

• Posted

hi james

yes, this is the thing with these meds, you need to continue taking them for a while even if you start feeling better. Me and my doctor have agreed that I'm going to stay on them for another 7 months or so and then look at reducing them. You will see an improvement in time, I know it doesn't seem like it right now and it feels like you're stuck in this weird place in your head but it does get better. The things that helped me along the way were early bedtimes, reading (took my mind off things) trying to eat healthily, drinking lots of water. When i felt really anxious and panicky I'd go outside. Sitting outside always made me feel better. There's just something about the air that calms me down, even to this day. Gentle walks really help too. Also, this may sound minor, but no matter how bad I felt, I always made my bed in the mornings. It established a sense of routine and normality before the start of my day, which i needed as i was extremely depressed and un-motivated at one point. Therapy was also a huge help to me, do speak to your doctor about it if you haven't already.

• Posted

thankyou for your support , i am going to continue regardless. i am on day 5 now and i'll be honest its really bad i'm in bed just constantly worrying and panicking about death etc also the anxiety symptoms/ celexa side effects ,i look forward to recieving messages on here , its nice to talk to people thats going through the same thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.