Celexa increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello! need some input

Been on celexa 20mg for 20 years and have been doing great. the last 8 months, I've had terrible anxiety where i had to stop working. My doctor increased to 30mg and it didn't help. I'm now on 40mg for 5 weeks and still feel very anxious. My doctor said by 4 weeks no improvement we can go up, add something to the celexa or change. I'm so scared to change or add. Does anyone know how long it would take for an increase to work. I'm losing faith

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi

it has been a very long journey for me. i was on a maintenance dose of 20mg for years. suffered a mental health crisis. increased to 25mg for 10 weeks not much improvement. now increased to 30mg just starting my 10th week. it feels like I am starting to now get improvements. been very gradual and still got a way to go. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.