Celexa- mornings are still the worst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone!!!

I've been on celexa for a week now, while I'm noticing subtle changes in my mood during the day. Mornings are still miserable for me as my depression lifts a bit later on in the day. I take my celexa at night before bed.

Any advice on how to cope in the mornings? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same exact boat, it will be a week of taking it tomorrow for me. I take mine around 8-9pm every night because my doctor said it would be better since I work evenings. I wake up pretty late in the afternoon, like 12-1 sometimes (because it wakes me up a lot during the night to make me pee!) I also find that when I wake up, it sucks for the most part. I feel like crap, no motivation, a little depressed to face the day. Then, I get to work and a couple of hours go by and I feel better. I'm not sure why that is, but probably just because we take it at night. I'm still roughing it out, just sucks sometimes.

• Posted

Thanks for your input, yeah I dread the mornings but notice it kind of fades as the day goes by for the most part. Just hoping that stops and mornings get better for me. Not sure the time frame of that happening but I'm optimistic.

I take mine around 8pm at night too but barely sleep because it keeps waking me up to pee as well very uncomfortable but I notice the depression lifts around noon or latest 1pm I start noticing it lifting.

• Posted

I'm also noticing that my focus is not quite back yet still can't focus but I hope that improves. Not sure if celexa affects focus or a side effect.

• Posted

Yeah same here. I'm used to getting 8 or more hours of sleep...now I get 6 or so because of waking up all the time. But Celexa definitely causes concentration issues. Another reason my doctor told me to take it at night with my job; I'm a cook.

• Posted

I know depression in itself causes concentration issues so I wasn't sure if it's the depression itself that's still causing this or the Celexa but if celexa is supposed to treat the depression then my focus should be improving? Or maybe it will later but who knows definitely a weird side effect if it's indeed coming from the celexa.

• Posted

I've always had concentration issues even before I started celexa so I attributed it to depression but now that I'm on celexa is not getting better (yet). It really sucks tho if celexa is actually making it worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.