Celexa side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to all! I have been on this medication for 3 1/2 weeks (10mg). My main side effect remaining in this shortness of breath I have had since day 2 . It is pretty constant and I don't know whether to try to stick with it or switch to LEXAPRO as doctor has offered . It is like my body can only take long deep breaths and often makes me feel like I'm not able to breath effectively or take in enough air . I am constantly breathing with my mouth wide open! Please has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi x I haven't personally had that side effect myself. I'm on 40mg for the same time as you. That doesn't sound very nice tbh. Lexapro is a cleaner version of citalopram and is said to have less side effects but that's not always the case but everyone reacts differently. It's still early days but the side effects shouldn't last too much longer hopefully. I would probably give it a little more time to see if it goes away. If it doesn't then try lexapro. It would be a shame to switch when you have already endured nearly 4 weeks, when you are feeling crap it is a long time. Maybe try taking it at before bed and seeing if that helps so you sleep through the side effects. Hopefully it will ease of for you

• Posted

That's alright no worries x hopefully someone will come along soon who has experienced the same as you and will be able to give you help or advice. If you need anything or have any questions don't hesitate to ask 😊

• Posted

i have experience that breathing issue before and it only lasted a few weeks but not everyday and it only happen at night.it did subside though.best regards

• Posted

Thanks so very much for responding-makes me feel much better! BEST WISHES

• Posted

yes I had that it was so annoying that my jaw hurt,

Hyperventilation and yawing constantly.

Side effects go away with time.

Time vary to each of us.

xx

• Posted

Yes you are so right . So glad to know I'm not alone! I think I will continue on and hope for relief soon . THANKS!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.