Celexa tremors

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, over the past couple days I've been experiencing intense tremors in the morning. it subsides later on in the day. my psychiatrists suggested I get checked for hypthyroidism. does anybody else have this problem, is it a side effect? kinda freaking me out.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i had this, definitely a side effect, mine took about 5-6 days to go, but everyone's different on these meds, doctors tell you to be checked for certain things just to cover their own back sometimes, i was lucky i had a very experienced doctor on citalopram who kept a close eye on me, good luck.

• Posted

I have been have a sort of buzzing treamers since April, been on Citalopram week 11 of 20mg, it's not helping my anxiety or treamers yet, what mg are you on ,

• Posted

yeah its not fun for sure. i was afraid id always be like that. but whew no!

• Posted

also waiting for my weight to come back. I've been eating more, but it doesn't seem to be helping

• Posted

everything will be back to normal in time.

i had terrible side effects in the beginning but now im fine. Been on these things about 2 yrs now & feel fine. Too scared to quit in case i have to start up again lol Dont wanna go thru side effects again ugh!

• Posted

thats what I've been hearing. still have some headaches and my muscles feel kinda soft low energy

• Posted

Hi William

Its a side effect of these, and you may find once you get moving the symptoms disappear until the next morning.

• Posted

that's really sucks. i feel like I'm either stagnant or losing weight still. gonna get checked by my doctor on Wednesday in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.