Celiac disease affect blood test results on liver ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had blood tests the other day to rule out celiac disease as I've been having abdominal pain and bloating etc and my dad also has celiac disease. My. All my blood results came back clear accept the liver one which flagged up something but they are not sure what . I am still waiting for the results of the celiac diseaa blood test as they take longer . My question is has anyone been diagnosed with celiac disease and it has affected their blood results for their liver? I'm in complete panick mode now thinking I have something serious wrong with me liver!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i've never had a liver test for coeliac diease, you may not be coeliac at all. just wait to hear your results first.

• Edited

Yes.. Gluten allergy will raise liver enzymes.. if you're eating gluten

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.