Celiacs when will energy rise

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been gluten free from having a high 250> positive on the blood results for 3 months now. It seems I'm even more tired than before I quit gluten . I don't have the pain at least but still , would like some energy . Was always low iron. Any idea on supplements or foods ? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pebblenz,  I have been GF for nearly 4 years and in all honesty have felt worse since being on the diet.  My symptoms are headaches, feeling off balance, dizzy and generally down and tired.

I gave up drinking milk in my tea and coffee about a year ago and felt better, however I have now completely taken all dairy out of the diet and feel great.  I think my body was reacting to the dairy molecule in the same way it reacts to the  gluten one.  Hope you feel better soon and this is helpful 

• Posted

Of course! You should have been informed that. Gluten intolerant patients become lactose intolerant due to a damaged gut.
  • Posted

Another thing could be just not getting quality sleep due to mineral/vitamin deficiency. Try supplements of calcium and magnesium but not together. Take as directed but take calcium earlier in the day and magnesium later.
  • Posted

I believe you need to completely quit dairy and gluten together. Take l glutamine daily, this will help with healing the gut and will increase energy levels ONCE your digestive system recovers from malabsorption.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.