Cellulitis from cat bite...and fatigue after operation to fix it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was bit by my tempetamental cat last saturday..little did i know how bad it would turn out to be from a small cat bite.

Monday morning i awoke and the pain in my arm was unbearable but not very red. I rang 111 who suggested i go to the a and e what i thought was a bit over the top over a cat bite as the wound itself was tiny. Anyway an hour later the pain persuaded me to go. At the accident and emergency room my arm continued to swell went bright red had thread lines. It was decided i needed an pp to flush the area. All went well and i was back home Wednesday evening on antibiotics. The swelling has reduced and i can now move my hand but i am so tired all of the time i need to keep having naps. Is this normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

ok kim you keep checking that arm seems right treatment a/bs painkillers rest
    • Posted

Thanks i am back to see the consultant on Wednesday so hopefully infection is clearing and i wont feel so tired soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.