Skip to content

Cellulitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • melanie08367 2
  • swise 1

CELLULITIS PAIN RELIEF!! Steroids!

If you have this awful skin infection ask you doctor for one dose of steroids! I just got cellulitis on my lower left buttock a few days ago and I've went to the emergency room twice for the extreme pain. I was prescribed clindomyecin, two pills-four times a day, I was also given a weak

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • don31345 2

Need some answers to my qiestiodnu

First this might be some question that most likely been talked about but since some post are old the chances of a reply is unlikely Anyway Last week I notice a bump on my left cheek thought nothing of it, it wasn't painful. Few days later it started To hurt. At first I thought it was a cyst. I'

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sandra80143 1

Swollen leg still ? After a week of antibiotics for cellitus ?

My husband was diagnosed last week as had flu like symptoms then developed rash , pain and swollen leg from ankle to his knee , been on antibiotics after 4 days his head was saying ok I'm better now but his leg not good .  Day 6 and 7 he has been constantly on his legs, not resting and his leg is

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • misty10182 1

Cellulitis in a diabetic/dialysis patient

My husband is now on week number 3 of severe pain with cellulitis of the left leg. Due to the other chronic conotions he suffers with and being a dialysis patient the iv antibiotics had to be spaced out. Does anyone have any idea how long he may be in agony? Signed, An exhausted wife

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • james32508 1

Cellulitus

I was just diagnosed with cellulitus at a urgent care. I don't really have any visual symptoms except for a little redness on my inner thigh and calf. The pain is so intense and deep, not at all on the surface. There is no fever. The pain is so bad it wakes me during sleep. I'm miserable. Could I

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Pandacake 3

2 Weeks of Antibiotics & only varied improvement?

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if someone could help me because I'm getting really worried about my leg. I do have anxiety which obviously isn't a help but I don't think this is a good situation either?  On the 23rd of March I noticed a patch of red on my leg that hurt and burned. I went to the GP

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Carol080762 1

Cellulitis is spreading

I noticed a few itchy bumps on Thursday on my right lower leg. My Friday morning I had about 18 itchy bumps on my right lower leg and two itchy bumps on my left wrist. By Saturday, I started having bumps underneath my left breast that were itchy. By Sunday morning, I had more bumps on the leg

• sarah.wilso1o 1

Somene help me out please!!

Hi , This is the second time ive had cellulitis now & its from a metal rolling pin as far as i know, anyhow! Is it possible to get immune to cellulitis or something? Because this time around its causing me agony! & because its on my 4th finger (ring finger) it seems to be rubbing and getting

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • dawn82680 4

Help needed

My soninlaw has been feeling poorly over the last two days. He has been really sweaty and feeling constantly nauseas with cramps down his arms. This morning he went to work and his leg felt tingly when he looked his right shin has got a red swelling and a rash and its hot to the touch. Could it be cellulitus

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tracey hugsie 2

Cellulitus and continued burning ??? Is this normal ???

Hi Wondering if you could pass on your experience with this damn celulitus, i recently came back from India Goa,with this infection .The GP said was caused through suspected mosquito bites,probably they had been some where dirty before they had bitten me.I was given Flucloxacillin 500mg x 4pd, and

20 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Sheil 1

Leg infection (cellulitis?)

I am being treated for a leg infection. My GP has given me Klaricid (clarithromycin) 250mg tablets. I have taken 8 tablets and there has been no improvement in my condition. My leg does not hurt but there is a burning, itching sensation and it is swollen and red. In February I was diagnosed

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Relabella 1

Cellulitis Pain after a year and a half?

Hello. So I had a bout with cellulitis in June of 2015. I was on antibiotics and steriods and it cleared up within a week or so, but every now and then I still jave pain in my leg in the exact spot where I had the cellulitis. Its just kind of a pulsing pain and it isnt too extreme but there are

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • annie01067 1

Just wondering if cellulitis takes time to be totally healed?

I've was diiagnose 5 weeks ago and 18days of antibiotic on and off both IV and Oral. The location is on my took a specimen (pus) for a test but they said there is no bacteria found. Maybe because I'm taking antibiotic for a week before they test it. But still feel swollen and warm but no

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • eva10587 2

Recurring cellulitis light at the end of the tunnel?

My fiancé has battled cellulitis since late March. We think possibly there may be light at the end of the tunnel now! Please if you are diagnosed with this horrid affliction, demand a longer course of antibiotics than 5 days!!! The reason he's had this for so long is due to inadequate antibiotics

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  •  chris1014 2

How long will the cellulitis symptoms last on my leg

I have cellulitis I got it about a week ago started with flu like symptoms and on the second day I discovered that my lower leg was red from my knee cap to my ankle. My doctor prescribe me Augmentin for the bacterial infection. So I know I've had the redness and swelling 4 at least 4 days. It does

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • paul38953 1

Cellulitis healed or..... Not?

About 3 weeks ago Friday) I got a tiny lil scratch on my eye lid. Went to a clinic the following Monday and was treated for conjunctivitis. Two days later diagnosed me with Cellulitis. Went through 10 days of oral antibiotics every 6 hours, antibiotic eye drops every 4 hours, steroid eye drop

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • steve43763 1

Cellulitis immobilization

so ive been wearing a splint on my thumb, which is where the cellultitus is, to completely immobilize it. is this in any beneficial to the treatment of cellultitius?

• lapopessaor 1

New Cellulitus sufferer

I have had scales on the lower back part of one foot for a couple of years. Stupidly never really paid attention to them (have heart/lung issues that I tend to focus on). Saturday my leg swole up and turned red in parts. I kept it elevated & swelling went down. But redness freaked me out (thought I

• lovelil68 2

Recovery from Cellulitis

This is my 2nd experience with Cellulitis.  The first time I had it was 4 years ago and it seems I remember that it took a few weeks to clear up, even after several shots and 2 different antibiotics.  This time it was caused by a spider bite, which has long since healed, but after a shot and 10

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sheltielife 3

could it be Cellulitis

Hi All, For ages I have had problems with swollen, burning and painful feet and legs which have gradually gone worse over time. Now they are really bad I can barely walk. I had been told I had poor circulation of blood in my feet and legs and thick blood and thought this was the cause.  Yesterday I

26 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • phil58507 1

Hand Infection Cellulitis

I went to the doctor today because the side of my hand is infected and has been for three days. Started off as a small painful red bump that I initially popped. Not until today after I showered and popped it a little bit I noticed cellulitis started over half of the top of my hand. It started

• elaine62810 1

Tumeric worked for me

Hi, I too have had several bouts of cellulitis and was given antibiotics and it did clear, but the day before my holiday it flared up again and i went to the health food shop where i was advised to use Tumeric 10,000mg. one tablet two times a day and this too cleared up the redness and my legs felt

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • spandana 23102 2
  • sue21564 2

Recurring cellulitis-foot sore won't heal

I have left foot drop - limited motion & feeling - & developed a callous/sore from my brace. I have done several things to try to alleviate the pressure point so the sore can heal but it has been slow & this is my 3rd occurrence of Cellulitis in the leg - assumably from the open sore. I clean it &

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • michelle40163 1

Cellulitis

Hi I've had an infection in my lower right leg and the doctors couldn't explain it ! They finally said I had some cellulitis there , I was on 500mg of flucloxacillin 4 times a day with no improvement then 5 days of iv flucloxacillin and have just finished a weeks course of 1gm flucloxicillin 4

• linda24932 2

i have had cellulitis for 5 months

i have been on antibiotics on and off for five months. I have recently finished a course of 8000mg antibiotics a day for 7 days but they havent helped. After a gap of 3 days I am taking 2000mgs flucloxacillin a day. The doctor wouldnt come out to me and sent a nurse who bandaged my right leg bcause

• linda24932 2

Long term cellulitis

I have had cellulitis in my legs for six months now. I have had almost continuous different antibiotics but to no effect. My right leg has to be bandaged almost daily because of leakage. I am at my wits end and very depressed with continuous bad pain. I have asked the doctor to come out twice

• Guest M

INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems t...

INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems to mention that an insect bite has been the cause of their cellulitis. I was hoping someone would have found a solution to this being a after suffering two bouts of insect bite induced cellulitis, both which effectively put paid to

66 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • andy15677 1

Cellulitis just finished; there is ichiness; dry skin

Went to the doctor because (I gather) that a case of athlete's foot spread into my foot and the foot became red, swollen and I ran a temperature of at least three degrees avery day for a week.  The doctor put me on antibiotics but did not insist I saty off the foot and asked me if I wanted to stay

• chloe 79776 2

Wondering ..

I've not long been told I've got cellulitis in my right leg, it's still very painful, but it's starting to bruise? Is this normal?

67 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • volkrt 1

Going thru h*ll with cellulitis

hello all - I am going thru my first ever cellulitis on my lower left leg and its pure torture, I spent 4 days in the hospital on iv  antibiotic and have spent another week at home doing iv antibiotic on 600mg CLINDAMYCIN 2x  a day. side effects from this antibiotic are huge! especially the

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • demaentia 1

recovery from cellulitis

Two days ago I was diagnosed with cellulitis on the top on my right foot. I went to the er and am now taking cephalexin every 8 hours. This pain Is almost unbearable at times. Sometimes it feels like there is something moving in my skin. The redness and warm, and pain seem to be traveling up my

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • AParrish830 1

Cellulitis Remnant Causing Back Pain?

Greetings all! I dealt with a most dreadful bout of cellulitis about a month ago, starting from a cut on my right foot and running up my leg about mid thigh before I realized what was happening. That spread was two days worth of spreading and I'm fortunate I caught it when I did. That said, I'm not

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sharon801140 2

REPEATED CELLULITIS ON THIGH/BUTT

Hi all Thought I'd share my story. I'm a 36 yr old mum in the uk sick of this horrid curse of an illness/condition. I have recurrent infections of tissue/deeper layers in the skin it seems. Drs say it's cellulitis but some say it doesn't look like classic cellulitis. So what happens since 2011?

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions