Skip to content
Ad

Cellulitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Diagnosed with cellulitis??

I had what appeared to be a bite or boil on my shin went to reg doc he prescribed 2 antibotics by mouth and Muprocin ointment, the pain is into my bone.....the redness from my knee to half way down leg, went to ER they cut and drained it, all that came out was blood.....no clots not dark.....so question...

Last reply
  • redness from cellulitis

Hi all, ​Just wondered if any of you find that the redness of the legs comes on during the daytime and inflammation is worse during an evening? As when I wake up, legs are not red now as recent course of antibiotics has clearly done something to clear it, but during the day the redness comes back gradually...

Last reply
  • Recovery from Cellulitis

This is my 2nd experience with Cellulitis.  The first time I had it was 4 years ago and it seems I remember that it took a few weeks to clear up, even after several shots and 2 different antibiotics.  This time it was caused by a spider bite, which has long since healed, but after a shot and...

Last reply
  • Celulites in 1 leg for 4 days now

i have got cellulitis in my foot/ leg which started in my toe started antbiotic 4 days ago . The toe is starting to slowing heal now but there's still red /swallow leg.. The redness is shrinking and getting less but slowly .. Is it normal to be very slow going or should after 4 days. Should it be...

Last reply
  • First time cellulitis patient. Please help.

Hello forum. I am all the way from South Africa and I need help, I don't know what to do anymore. I have seen 3 doctor's who have all confirmed that I have cellulitis of the toes. I have been put on a course of oral antibiotics and now that I'm nearing the end of the course I have seen very...

Last reply
  • CELLULITIS PAIN RELIEF!! Steroids!

If you have this awful skin infection ask you doctor for one dose of steroids! I just got cellulitis on my lower left buttock a few days ago and I've went to the emergency room twice for the extreme pain. I was prescribed clindomyecin, two pills-four times a day, I was also given a weak painkiller-...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis

I have been going to doctors since March of this year.  I would get itchy red bumps that also burned really bad.  The itch is enough to drive someone crazy.  Two doctors basically told me they had no idea what it was and to consult a dermatologist.  Another one told me it was most...

Last reply
  • Reoccuring cellulitis of the left buttocks.

Hi everybody, I have had reoccuring cellulitisof the left buttocks for about 3 years. No known cause, 8 flare ups and all but 1 have been several days in hospital on IV antibiotics. Ive been on every drug under the sun but nothing seems to change. The progression of the cellulitis is always the same...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis

It is back in my left leg again, this really brings me down, I’m totally fed up again

Last reply
  • Cellulitis.

Thank you I don't mind as lond as I no .. I feel loads better in myself and the pains gone but toes a bit weapy and scrappy 

Last reply
  • First time dealing with Cellulitis

Hey all - I'm in the U.S. and am having an issue with staph? and cellulitis on my leg. It started as a VERY itchy bump on the inside of my left thigh/knee. I woke up 2 weeks ago today scratching it in my sleep. I thought it was a bug bite, as I think I've had staph folliculitis for a while, but...

Last reply
  • INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems t...

INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems to mention that an insect bite has been the cause of their cellulitis. I was hoping someone would have found a solution to this being a cause... after suffering two bouts of insect bite induced cellulitis, both which effectively put paid to summer...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis is back ........ again!

Hi All, am new to this forum but wanted to share my experience with cellulitis. Back at the end of May I suffered a banging headache which lasted about 5 days, was hot & cold for about 3 days then the rash started on my legs. I went to the Gp and was prescribed antibiotics, but after about 5 days...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis

I've had cellulitis for around 16 weeks, I've had numerous antibiotics and now having blood tests, I'm anaemic and low in folic acid, also calcium is low, I suffer Lupus too, I'm beginning to believe this is serious, I keep going dizzy too

Last reply
  • Reoccurring cellulitis

Hi there, new to the forum but wanted some advice/opinion from fellow suffers.  I'm 25 years old, healthy weight, healthy diet. At the start of June I got bad cellulitis in my toe that spread up to my calf. Was treated with both IV and oral antibiotics. Two weeks later it returned and was again...

Last reply
  • Think my Cellulitis is coming back...

Hello, I had cellulitis about 2 months ago. the bottom half of my lower leg is still a little pnk from it, and the bite that seemingly started it remains, though it hadn't been bothering me in 2 months. I took 2 weeks of antibiotics, (2 different types because the first type made me sick.) The second...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis

Hi a patient (female 32) had Cellulitis (due to a bad injection). her doctor has Prescribed Teicoplanin (Targocid 400 mg/ injection each 12 hours). 10 of them was injected to her in 6 days. but her platelet was very low (138 in first day and 87 in last day). notice that Teicoplanin shouldn't prescribe...

Last reply
  • 2 Weeks of Antibiotics & only varied improvement?

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if someone could help me because I'm getting really worried about my leg. I do have anxiety which obviously isn't a help but I don't think this is a good situation either?  On the 23rd of March I noticed a patch of red on my leg that hurt and burned....

Last reply
  • Infection in one leg, now other leg is swelling rapidly

over 3 weeks ago, I had a bad chemical burn in my foot and was hospitalized for 5 days for cellulitis.  After I left the hospital, I took 7 days of oral antibiotics and the redness has not returned and the pain has decreased. I have been keeping off my feet to decrease the swelling in the bad foot....

Last reply
  • Recovered from cellulitis but burn-like marks still visible

Hi Everyone, Almost 10 months ago I recovered from a serious bout of cellulitis (combined with pneumonia and a major rheumatoid arthritis flare). Most of the swelling and all the seeping wounds have long gone, but the dark red burn-like marks on my lower leg are still very visible. I have been wearing...

Last reply
  • Should I Go Back to the Doctor?

Hi!  So I was recently diagnosed with cellulitis in my left leg, from what seemed to be a spider bite. I was given a course of Doxycycline for 8 days, which I finished Thursday night. The swelling massively went down and it's no longer hot or anything. However, I woke up in the middle of the...

Last reply
  • I have chronic cellulitis in my left leg. It first occur...

I have chronic cellulitis in my left leg. It first occurred in Dec 2000 following a foot abrasion and has never gone away since, although for most of this time it has been a nuisance rather than painful. The initial attack was agonising, and weeks of treatment with antibiotics followed. I was able...

Last reply
  • 2 Months now. Cellulitis

Had this for about a month on one foot ankle, before deciding to visit the Doctors. 1st Dr, 30th June gave me 3.5 days Antibiotics, take 2 tbs 3 times a day. 2nd Dr 6th July at A&E 2 tbs 3 times a day for 3 days, then 1 tb 3 times a day  until finished(10 days does). didn't clear up as it...

Last reply
  • Recovering from Cellulitis/Anxious about Sepsis Risk

Hey everyone, I've been on here a few times now. I'm sure I migh be bugging you all at this point but if anyone could answer something for me or give any advice I'd be very thankful. I've had cellulitis for the first time 2 months ago. 2 weeks of antibios and it went away, apparently....

Last reply
  • Two weeks to this....

My first episode of cellulitis, took me by surprise two weeks ago. I developed sepsis in hospital, had iv antibiotics for a week before they discharged me on oral antibiotics seven days later. I was back in hospital within 12 hours after developing an allergic reaction to penicillin that kept me and...

Last reply
  • No firm diagnosis, yet

Hi everyone I just joined the fray. Thank you for help. The last 3 years I have had swelling and pain in both lower legs. Also 7 years ago a superficial vien clot form a dress sock that was on too tight during edma and an all day car ride. That resulted in phelbitis. Have had 2 conformed cases of infected...

Posted
  • Cellulitis3

I have had cellulitis on my right lower leg for 5 months now. I have been on antibiotics for 2 months now. It has messed up my digestion so bad now that I have constant diarrhea. Went to my family doctor and he put me on antibiotics for another 7 days yet he said that being on antibiotics that long can...

Last reply
  • Helppp.. cellulitis won't clear after two months

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help. I have had cellulitis in my lower leg for two months, I have had 5 types of oral anti biotics and the cream, nothing is working! The redness is still there along with the extreme heat, I'm now getting strange pains in my leg, feet and toes. It's not...

Last reply
  • Cellulites in cheek after root canal

In January I had a root canal done. I've had several and thought nothing of it. After the procedure, I told everyone it was the best on so far, no pain at all. That night I felt no pain and forgot I had it done less than 10 hours earlier. When I woke up the next day, my cheek was the size of a grapefruit...

Last reply
  • Cellulitis from cat bite...and fatigue after operation to fix it

I was bit by my tempetamental cat last saturday..little did i know how bad it would turn out to be from a small cat bite. Monday morning i awoke and the pain in my arm was unbearable but not very red. I rang 111 who suggested i go to the a and e what i thought was a bit over the top over a cat bite as...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.