Skip to content

Cellulitis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ms.vickie49540

I am at my wits end and cant take it anymore. three years ago i developed a red, hot to the touch, welt on my buttocks that spread the the front of my vagina area. there are no bumps, just one big welt. it is very painful cant even sit down. and it makes me sick so very sick. the first day i am bed …

Last reply
  • Do I Still Need To Elevate My Leg?

I got Cellulitis on my foot and the swelling/pain/redness isn't going away, to a degree it has but there is still pain there with a bit of swelling. I have been to the hospital three time with this bout and they keep giving me Flucox and I am taking it BUT there is no inflammation there, my obs …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis in a 8 year old!!!! URGENT

My daughter has all the symptoms of the cellulitis. She was se n at the ER sometime last week the symptoms was there for about 2 weeks  She was prescribed oral antibiotics, however those didn’t work, she started with fevers, chills and shivering took her back to the ER and was sent to the …

Posted
  • Cellulitis

I have a 30 yr old son who was diagnosed around April 12, 2018 with cellulitis. Started out like the flu. Over night went to extremely swelling and pain. 3 weeks in the hospital, surgery in chin to remove abcess in lower leg. Lot's of drainage, around the clock Iv's. When he was …

Last reply
  • Still feel lump?

I was diagnosed with cellulitis last  Monday in by Wednesday it had already burst but even after that I still feel a lump it doesn’t hurt just annoying and discomforting but it doesn’t seem to be growing but is this normal ?

Posted
  • spider bite

Most spiders do not cause bites that are of importance. For a bite to be significant, substantial envenomation is required. Bites from the widow spiders involve a neurotoxic venom which produces a condition known as latrodectism. Symptoms may include: pain which may be at the bite or involve the …

Posted
  • Celulitus for 10 years.

I have had Celulitus that has sent me to hospital 2 times. As a dabetic I have to make sure every cut and scratch are covered . I am now in my 60's and I believe I can give people who suffer from this painful disease some good advice.  1- I now never wear long trousers.  _Keeping the …

Last reply
  • Lingering discomfort after completing medications

So i was diagnosed with cellulitis on 6/4/2018 doctor prescribed me 2 different antibiotics and naproxen. Prescription  was for 10 days. I completed my medication except for naproxen since it was only pain killers. After the 10th day, the pain was tolerable but still noticed discomfort around …

Last reply
  • Legs weeping excessively

My husband had cellulitis end Feb and it took 4 courses of antibiotics to clear it up. He then developed blisters on his legs. Nurses have been coming twice a week to dress legs and I do the inbetween dressing change. However, he does seem to be losing an excessive amount of fluid from the legs …

Last reply
  • A year later

It's been since last December since my boyfriend has cellulitis in his leg. His leg is still significantly larger than the other. Why is this?

Last reply
  • I have cellulitis near the bend of my right arm

I just went to the ER yesterday they told me I have cellulitis. They gave me a ten day supply of bacterium but the bad news the redness is spreading down my arm. My question to you is should I give it more time for the bacterium to kick in or should I go have it looked at again?

Last reply
  • Return of cellulitis

I had cellulitis from an insect bite last Oct. After drip of penicillin and over dose of anti biotics l thought l was cleared but lm away again and it seems to be swelling where l was bitten And it's got a rash on it.. any help would be great thank you

Last reply
  • Cellulitis and white bumps...?

I am 36 and this is my first time ever having this, I feel for people who have had to deal with this more than once. I was told I got mine on my stomach, from food poisoning...still am not sure if that is real or not. I've been on 2 antibios for about 3 days now and have been doing everything …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis and compression socks

My friend who is in her eighties has another bout of cellulitis in her lower legs which she thinks started after a knee replacement last year.  Her doctor has prescribed more antibiotics and tighter compression socks and told her to keep her legs raised as much as possible.  She has a job …

Last reply
  • INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems t...

INSECT BITES: I find it interesting that no-one seems to mention that an insect bite has been the cause of their cellulitis. I was hoping someone would have found a solution to this being a cause... after suffering two bouts of insect bite induced cellulitis, both which effectively put paid to …

Last reply
  • Facial Cellulitis- HELP!!!

Hi,  I was diagnosed with facial cellulitis about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Started Keflex, but it wasn’t working and it was spreading from cheeks up to forehead. I was put on daily IV of vancomycin for 7 days. Followed up with my doctor, said it looked better which I agreed but my forehead was still a …

Posted
  • Cellulitis

My father got cellulitis on his leg.its been 5 days now. Got antibiotics from doctor. Anyone knw about thw injection course for cellulitis ?

Last reply
  • It’s a struggle for me,and I need support☹️

Hi,It’s been nearly 2 months now,I accidentally hit my leg in the patient’s stretcher.I’m an ICU nurse   but it’s true when a nurse became a patient,it’s not easy especially when you’re alone.I work here in Saudi arabia and the hospital where I work is exploiting us because of understaffing …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis again !!

Over Xmas I had shingles around my middle..now 3 weeks ago I got my second but of cellulitis after treatment of antivirals I am still left with the itching and redness on my lower legs..I don't want to be left with more dark blemishes..should I go back to doctor..who by the way never seems …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis

I have had cellulitis in 4 places on legs 4 weeks and misdiagnosed by GP surgery, hence 5 day admission and iv antibiotics. Been discharged and tablet antibiotics end tomorrow but my ankle and foot are still swollen badly, the plum sized abscess near knee is reducing and my other leg has improved. …

Last reply
  • Cellulitus and 3 courses of antibiotics....

I am writing again re my 79 year old husband. He finished his third course of antibiotics 10 days ago. His legs were still very red but nurse said that this should fade gradually. Over the weekend, he has developed yellow skin round his ankles and they almost look like little blisters - there is …

Last reply
  • Recovery from Cellulitis

This is my 2nd experience with Cellulitis.  The first time I had it was 4 years ago and it seems I remember that it took a few weeks to clear up, even after several shots and 2 different antibiotics.  This time it was caused by a spider bite, which has long since healed, but after a shot …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis -diabetic

On Friday my lower leg stared with a warm pink patch the size of a bag of frozen veggies.  When it  became red I looked online and went to an immediate care facility on Sunday. It is only Monday evening and I have had 3 doses of Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium. It is more red today …

Last reply
  • Weirdness when starting an antibiotic

I just started two antibiotics for cellulitis in my wrist and lower arm.   My arm now feels extremely weird and uncomfortable.    I keep Moving it to different positions but it feels weird with anything I do.   Is this a reaction to the antibiotics or is my mind working too hard. …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis after 3 courses of antibiotics

My husband is 79 last month. He was at the wound clinic for a pressure sore on the Tuesday, and I asked the nurse to look at his legs which were red and swollen.She agreed with me that he should be seen at the surgery that day.We were seen by a nurse practioner who agreed with me that it was …

Last reply
  • Hoping this helps with recurrent cellulitis

Between June 2015 and till date, I have had 5 bouths of cellulitis out of which 3 I had to be admitted for incision and drainage, debridement and just this Monday, incision and drainage and biopsy sample cut out. Each incident lasts for 3 months to 6months treatment with my leg having lots of …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis on legs...extreme fatigue....confusion....HELP!!!!

My mom has cellulitis on her leg i took her to the doctors they put her on penicillin and hydrocodone. ​after a couple days i see her falling asleep while she is going to the bathroom, right in the middle of conversations, very inappropriate times. She also is talking about things that make no …

Last reply
  • Cellulitis on legs...extreme fatigue....confusion....HELP!!!!

My mother has cellulitis on her leg, it flared up after she was bit by her cat. The day after i noticed it wasn't looking good she dropped her oxygen tank on the other foot. (not the cellulitis foot) It bruised really bad to point it was looking black. I took her to the doctor and they put her …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.