I have cellulitis and it keeps coming back. Has anybody else has this problem?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am an 18 year old female and i have reacurring cellulitis. i have gotten it 3 times whithin 3 months. in september this year i had my first experience with cellulitis. it appeared below my butt at the top of my thigh. i was on vacation in arizona where it was very hot. i thought that the reason i got it could have been because my body wasnt familiar to the whether but last month (october) it appeared again! it wasnt in the same spot tho it was showed up on my left buttcheek instead. for both times i have had cellulitis the dr gave me an antibiotic called cephalexin or also called keflex. today its november 2nd and i have noticed another lump on my left butt cheek that seems to be the beginning of cellulitis.. again.. im not sure as to why i am experiencing reacurring cellulitis and it sucks not knowing why! it is so painful and not very pretty either. (it has left scares everytime ive gotten it)

if anybody has had similar experiences or has any answers to why this is happening to me please message me!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi havenlee i am a bit older than you but had recurring cellulitus 3 times now seem to be on top of it are your docs on top of it when i had it it was same leg all time and to cure it i had to go on i v antibiotics and i am on a/bs for life maybe you need this treatment i hope not if works your happy is area where it starts covered i wear socks all time now hope this helps and you get better

• Posted

is the iv antibiotic done at a hospital? and like through an iv? and how long does it usually take? probably sounds like silly questions but ive never heard of the iv antibiotic and it does sound like thats what i might need because it just keeps coming back within a month!! does yours leave scares? mine leaves like a purple discoloration scare.

• Posted

hi haven yes its done in hospital dont understand why it wasnt done you must keep check of it it can turn very serious quickly i was in 10/ 14 days but i got to serious stage with it yes it does but did fade you must go back if worried DONT sit back tell them

• Posted

Hi,

It sounds to me like the antibiotics are not completing their job. Go on a strong one (IV ones usually stronger) and get it sorted hopefully once and for all.

Very best of luck

• Posted

hi i was on bactrim and keflex 3 doses before it finally started to heal including using original dial soap to cleanse... ( or any antibacterial) and tea tree oil everyday twice a day the bacteria has to leave your system entirely

• Posted

also, yes i have the purple scar from where the wounds were im still using tea tree oil and also going to use coconut oil and see if that helps healing up the rest of the way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.