Cellulitis in a 8 year old!!!! URGENT

Posted , 2 users are following.

My daughter has all the symptoms of the cellulitis. She was se n at the ER sometime last week the symptoms was there for about 2 weeks 

She was prescribed oral antibiotics, however those didn’t work, she started with fevers, chills and shivering took her back to the ER and was sent to the children’s hospital been here for 8 days she was given antibiotics. Had a blood culture and they said she has no cellulitis however there’s “something “ in there because her fevers are persistent and get to 105 once a day or twice a day. She was taken for several test and all came back negative

Lupus negative

Leukemia negative

Bone marrow sample and the blood cells look “normal”

Today I notice the red swollen are has now some red patches and looks darker purplish bit smaller but her lymph nodes on the same leg are swollen. 

She had the cellulitis on her buttock 

Today she had an MRI not sure what it is for as of right now I’m just desperate and worry.

She was off of the antibiotics for two days she’s back at them via IV

Forgot to mention she had a biopsy of the area right in the middle of the cellulitis.

Any input will be very appreciated 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Wow, so scary for you. I see it's been two months since you posted. I hope your daughter is better!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.