Spider bite

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I was bitten on my right leg by my nee on Friday the 31st August. From a spider as I was weeding in my garden. The spider was quite chunky thick legs and a large bulb on the body. It was patient black. Shine. I now no it was a False widow. My nee started to itch and swell to the size of a 5pence peace. It was leaking yellow puss. I have been given Flucoxacillin 500mg by my GP. I have been taking it now for a week. But it is still stinging. Can any one tell me who have been bitten by a spider if this is normal and how long will it take to heal. My leg is not swollen thank goodness. But the large blister is annoying and painful. Look forward in here resent stories. I am from the UK.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was bitten last year by a spider. Right leg too. I've still got the Mark. But it took me months to get over it. But it was a brown spider abroad. I had to have a drip in my arm to get rid of infection. Just keep eye on it and if it starts to turn your leg red go to A&E asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.