Lingering discomfort after completing medications

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i was diagnosed with cellulitis on 6/4/2018 doctor prescribed me 2 different antibiotics and naproxen. Prescription  was for 10 days. I completed my medication except for naproxen since it was only pain killers. After the 10th day, the pain was tolerable but still noticed discomfort around metatarsal bone which is behind the big toe. So i figured it was still healing. Then days later i noticed the skin started to peal while discomfort started to be more mild. Now its been about 5 days after i finished the antibiotics im experiencing discomfort just slight more aggressive but tolerable, but it feels like a pinch muscle or nerve. Cant really bend my big toe when walking, only if i manually bend it. I notice couple days before if i stepped in a certain way, there would be a like slight numbness. The skin around the metatarsal is almost to normal skin color i do noticed there is still a slight blackish/purpleish color exactly on the side of the metatarsal bone, not as dark as it was before. Can it just be nerves/muscles repairing itself? I know they say it takes 10 days to clear off cellulitis after you started your treatment but how long does it takes it be back feeling normal? Please help. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It took about another week after I finished the antibiotics and mu skin started to peel.
    • Posted

How long after you finished your antibiotics you felt back to 100% where there was no more discomfort?? 
  • Posted

About 2 week with no pain and the swelling to go completely away.It took about a week for my skin to stop peeling.
    • Posted

I keep an eye on my pain. Hopefully it goes away. Some days it feels like its going away then some days the pain come backs. Its just a weird experience. 
    • Posted

Do you have any problems with cellulitis now . I was on in antibiotics, very poorly. Now home from hospital into my third week. Skin has peeled but Still red sore and very painful around ankle. painful to put leg to ground. Going back to dr tommorrow. Any advice or insight as to how long this goes on.
  • Posted

Guess you are over your cellulitis now. I am off work with it from ankle to knee full circumference of leg. A lot of skin has now peeled . Take oral antibiotics after hospital and iv antibiotics. Into my third week. Leg still hard red and sore/painful at the inner ankle. Turns many shades of red,black, purple if I stand for too long. Fed up with pain and lack of exercise, I usually walk my two dogs twice a day and work with children as well. How soon did your cellulitis clear up?
  • Posted

i had a cellulitis infection and finished antibiotics, Prednisone the end of June. also 2 diff creams. i went to a clinic twice and then to a dermatologist. The dermatologist felt it was healing well. The redness is almost totally gone but there is still a lot of pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.