Lump felt where cellulitis "rash" used to be....related to cellulitis?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! I am wondering if anyone developed a lump on their lower leg after having cellulitis. I had a bad inf3ction recently that involved 10 day IV antibiotics and then after 10 day oral pills 3 times daily. I needed the 10 day oral pills to get rid of it. Healing was slow at first

Good news is dr saw me today for follow up again and said the infection is goNE. Turns out this infection was easier to get rid of than the last one I had. I have a history. Anyways I'm pleased and relieved. However I have a new issue I feel a lump under skin in the anterior tibia area in right leg. Dr is now sending me for xray and ultrasound. I also had dipper done because lower leg is still very swilled and discoloured esp when down. Havent recd the results of the doppler yet. Anyways what could this lump under the skin be. Do you think it's related to my cellulitis infection that I just got over. It is felt only , is not seen and when I had cellylitis I had no abcesses.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had a severe bout and ended up with a lump and the GP said it was tendonitis but the lymphoedema people I see for arm lymphoedema had a look at my leg and said it is probably bad scarring which can happen after a severe bout. All I know is sometimes I get shooting pains in it like nerve pains and it is rock hard. 6 months from the start, it hasn't gone x

• Posted

hi nat i have history of cellulitus on low dose a/bs for life also had lumps and blisters takes time for it to go    but i dont you go back to perfect but my leg is not bad   MUST KEEP CHECKING one my probs was athletes foot which i have mastered broken skin must keept clean and covered   i had to laugh cause i had same as sara nerve pain which came on when doorbell rang or phone rang gone now thank god
    • Posted

Oh Paul, sounds like you had a bad time too but the pain from bell ringing made me smile. So weird how it just happens. Mine is usually while walking and talking to someone and the sudden shooting pain makes me go "aaargh" then "oh sorry" and the person whoever I am talking to looks at me like "weirdo" ha ha

• Posted

hi Sara glad i made you laugh/smile it was murder when g/kids found out    at least with cellulitis you get the scares but if they get you on treatment straight away you can come away not to bad got to get on treatment asp if feverish /chills got to be i/v  a/bs  thats my opinion   i seem to be winning touch wood   dangerous illness if left c u all

• Posted

hi Nat. im quickly learning about this horrible cellulitis which ive been dealing with since July of this year 2019 In ohio, USAmine started as either severe poisen ivy, sumac or oak on BOTH inner legs near my knees then a red, super itchy mark on my left leg turned nasty, angry red bite mark or so ER SUSPECTED it was a spider bite... and it spread and after emergency room visit and taking oral antibiotics (keflex 1 tab 4x day and 2 bactrim) 7 days only that didnt heal up all the way so second round exact same antibiotics this time 10 days elevating leg nightly, its not all the way gone after all this time i still have a small round hard red bump and every once in awhile a shooting pain near my shin bone near that bump... i continue to daily use dial antibacterial soap on it because now i am paranoid fear of it coming back since there is still that discoleration and bump hoping after this winter color goes back to normal. ive learned I DONT scratch any longer in fear it will come back blessings to you and all dealing with this

• Posted

Hi Sandiann, I also had cellulitis this summer and I also have a small red bump and discoloration around it. The doctor said in time the discoloration would go away. I do wish the doctor would have explained the "after effects." I believe it must be the nerves in that area that must have been damaged and I can have tingly sensations on and off during the day. I am only assuming that it is nerves healing but it can make me think I'm getting it there again. In my case, I couldn't figure out what caused it until I realized that during the summer I decided to wear lighter/thinner clothing rather than my jeans - I have a Maltese and quite often she will use that leg as a "springboard" to jump down from my lap. I have always felt those nails dig in, but didn't think much about it. IF I'm lucky time will tell if that was the cause. It's been a month now.....

• Posted

thank you so very much for responding to my post since i posted i ended up with a second mark that turned bad pus filled back to doctor third round oF BACTRIM 28 pills i used tree tea oil and of course original yellow dial soap culture showed the normal staph flora we all have on our skin i kept it covered and it has really has gone down almost away much quicker than the first wound the doctor called me last week to check on things and said it should clear but may scar

• Posted

I am glad it's going away faster. So far - it's been 1 1/2 months I have been okay, but I still worry about having it again. It seems that the healed skin is still sensitive at times and I hesitate to put my jeans on yet. ...sigh. (lower inner thigh area) We shall see if this cooler weather helps to prevent us from having this happen again.....best to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.