Do I Still Need To Elevate My Leg?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got Cellulitis on my foot and the swelling/pain/redness isn't going away, to a degree it has but there is still pain there with a bit of swelling. I have been to the hospital three time with this bout and they keep giving me Flucox and I am taking it BUT there is no inflammation there, my obs are normal and my bloods are normal so the Staph bug is technically dead (for the time being) but I am getting sick and tired of elevating my leg when technically it is meant to only be elevated, so I have been told, to keep the inflammation from getting worse/help heal it etc yet since I technically have no inflammation should I keep it elevated?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lenore

I don't know the answer but mine is v painful and will be less swollen in the morning then get very swollen until I elevate for about 14 hours. I still have infection despite antibiotics all the time. Does it relieve any of the symptoms you are left with when you elevate?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.