Sorry I didn't know where to put this. I have a very important question about an infection in a foot

Posted , 1 user is following.

Almost 48 hours ago they went to urgent care and received 100 mg antibiotics and they take one every 12 hours. I am seeing changes but not in a good way. Their foot looks more red, swollen, and shiny. (It is ginormous) They told them to wrap it with a bandage and gauze but everything is going right through it. Their sock and bandage was just changed and less than 5 minutes later I could see blood and pus (pus was a deep brightish yellow color) peeping through. Also, a few nights before they were running a fever of 103.1 (before urgent care) but it's been gone for a few days now. There used to be severe pains but that also resolved a few days ago (still occurs when putting pressure) I am very concerned because this is happening in an elderly person. Should they disregard what urgent care said and go to the hospital? This person is set in their ways and hates the hospital so could y'all provide explanations as to why they should go to the hospital if needed. Thank you!!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.