Cellulitis; In severe pain, should I be worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have cellulitis on my right leg, from the knee down to the beginning of my toes. I got it from a huge wound that is about 12" long by 4" wide. I don't have a fever, but my entire lower leg and foot is swollen as much as it can possible swell, without splitting open. It's so bad that I have difficulty walking. Also, the entire area below my knee is bright red and warm to the touch, and I now have pain in my groin area. The pain is absolutely excruciating! Not only does it feel as though my leg is burning and stinging, but it feels like my leg is in a vice grip, as though my lower leg is being crushed. This especially is worse when I try to stand up from a laying position, as the blood enters that area of my leg. It takes me about five minutes just to slowly lower my leg inch by inch, to slowly bear weight, to limp in pain for several more steps as im not able to bear full weight yet, then to be able to walk some. (Or, should I say limp?) I absolutely dread when i have to stand yo walk! And also, the pain is vert severe when i keep my leg still for too long. (Is it from muscle spasms?) Initially the pain was most severe in my calf area, and it felt like I was having horrible muscle spasms, (in my calf) but now it's my entire lower leg. My wound and leg is constantly throbbing. The only relief i get is if im laying down. But when i have to get up, bear weight, or move around, or even if im standing still, all I can do when this pain hits is scream in agony. It's absolutely excruciating! Should I be concerned? I have a doctor's appt next Friday, will I be okay until then? (I honestly don't know if I can stand the pain for much longer) I cleaned the wound with water and placed a bandage around it, but the pain from having the bandage on was too bad that I had to take it off. Any advice or insight would be appreciated, thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you should be very worried...get to a hospital immediately! I totally understand that pain and the agony you are in...you need antibiotics probably intravenously...I wish you well.
  • Posted

katie a/e soos as poss i would even say 999 rapid

• Posted

katie is some one with you if not get some one    theres no spooking you  you need to make sure somebody knows whats happening to you   i see your post was a few hours ago so hopefully your at hospital know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.