Cellulitis Pain after a year and a half?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello.

So I had a bout with cellulitis in June of 2015. I was on antibiotics and steriods and it cleared up within a week or so, but every now and then I still jave pain in my leg in the exact spot where I had the cellulitis.

Its just kind of a pulsing pain and it isnt too extreme but there are times i have to sit down because it really bothers me. I never went back to the doctor for this because it didnt seem life threatening, but its been increasing latwly and seemes more noticeable so i am hoping someone can give me advice if youve had cellulitis. Any help is appreciated!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

bella the only thing i can help/say to is DOCTORS dont wait
  • Posted

I had similar pain after I was supposedly healed.  I went to a vascualar doctor who said he could cut the vein and hence the pain.  I should also wear compression socks.  I did not go for the vein cutting, but did start to wear socks.  They helped.  Is the area blackish where you had the infection?  Mine is.  This is called Stassis which is where the blood wasn't flowing properly when it was infected.  This is common.  I'd go back to the doctor to see what he/she says.  I have heard of cellulitis returning.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hello Relabella, 

I can relate to what you're talking about. I have had cellulitis in both my legs. The left leg worse than the right one. The area is always sensitive and every now and then, I'll get a shooting pain that comes out of nowhere. I wear Juzo Compression Garments which help and I also wear a Solaris Tribute Garment to bed. 

I have learned that the pain and sensitivity is the leg always trying to heal and recover. As long as you don't see any red streaks that would indicate a phlebitis situation, you're usually safe. That doesn't mean a deeper thrombo type of situation could exist but I think your area of concern will be in the healing process for sometime.

You might want to check with your doctor.. If need be, they can run an ultra sound to rule out any clots.  Please let us know how you're doing. I can only suggest buying some garments.  Unfortunately, the good ones are quite expensive but well worth it.

Glenn

• Posted

I have had similar to you, got it in my leg almost 2 years ago, still got a mark where it was and is still swollen.

• Posted

I had cellulitus 6 months ago and the area looks fully healed from lesions, but is till purple and slightly swollen. My dr has told me to continue wearing the compression socks day and night...

Actually, maybe someone here could advise me, too....

Summer is fast approaching where I am and the stockings are getting mighty hot!

Does anyone know what could be the dangers of not wearing these things all the time?

• Posted

I should have said that though there is occasional light itching, I am not in any pain and there seem to be no other symptoms.
    • Posted

Summer Time and the warmer weather is really the most important time of the year to wear the garments. You shouldn't wear them to bed and I wear mine only when I'm on my feet for extended periods. 

The body tends to hold more fluids during the wamer weather and the legs tend to become ponds of bacteria if you have an existing lymphedema issue which most likely is causing your cellulitis. 

Once you're off your feet and can elevate your legs, there's no need for the garments but living with this for 20 years or so, I find wearing them in the summer is worth the little discomfort of my legs feeling sweaty. Find your own personal comfort zone and I'm sure you'll know when you find it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.