Cellulitus

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with cellulitus at a urgent care. I don't really have any visual symptoms except for a little redness on my inner thigh and calf. The pain is so intense and deep, not at all on the surface. There is no fever. The pain is so bad it wakes me during sleep. I'm miserable. Could I have something else

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

As a cellulitis patient this summer, I have stayed active on this site.  I have never heard of anyone present with no physical symptoms.  When my sister once complained of pain so severe, she had a blood clot.  (I believer her pain was behind her knee.)  The day I was diagnosed, I was sent to my area hospital for a doppler test to rule out DVT.  (Deep Vein Thrombosis which can cause a blood clot.)  The test takes a minute or two.  Blood clots are not good, putting it mildly. Actually, very dangerous.  Perhaps you might want to look into this???  Not a doctor, just throwing this out there that you may want to explore a doppler. Best of luck..  
    • Posted

Jane

Thanks for your reply. I originally went into the ER thinking and was asking to be treated for a blood clot. They didn't have a Doppler at that facility. The doctor asked me a series of questions that ruled out blood clot. That's when she came up with the cellulitis diagnosis. I have a little redness in the area, it's warm to the touch, a little bit of swelling, but no lesions or open sores or blisters or pimples. The pain has been waking me up at night. Do you know if this cellulitis could just be really really deep and has not reached the surface yet. I'm an active hockey player and have dealt with many injuries over the years. This pain was like a 7 on the scale. Really annoying. I wish they would have given some pain management. Solutions.

• Posted

Wow, nothing for the pain or swelling? I, and most here, are prescribed Prednisone, a steroid. It helps with inflammation and pain and takes a huge burden away and then more so as you continue on the drug. Keep you leg elevated above your heart if you can. Ice on the area helps too. Careful not to burn your skin - 20 mins on, 20 mins off. So surprised a hospital does not have a Doppler. Maybe try another hospital for test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.