Central Diabetes Insipidus and Headaches as a result

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would like to see how many people that have CDI had severe headaches before diagnosis and or still get headaches when their DDAVP wears off.  Doctors believe it is only a peeing problem. I myself suffered severe ice pick headaches until receiving DDAVP. PLEASE RESPOND if you have headaches from your CDI it would be great to get some numbers on this to show them so it can be included in the literature (no names required just yes I get headaches from my CDI).

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get headaches all the time

I think it got bad , potentially because of my thyroid

meds the most

now it's mostly thirst and dehydration

oh, also when I eat gluten in bread

• Posted

dehydration can cause headaches

but I'm glad your meds work

• Posted

Yes I’m very aware personally as well as I’m a dietitian. But doctors don’t seem to be as aware.
  • Posted

just to make sure

DI can be caused by a tumor in

the pituitary or elsewhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.