Cervical degeneration and shoulder pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone tell me if this is related, I have chronic cervical pain related to multi level bone spurs, disc bulges with c6/7 being the worst but yesterday I woke with a pain in my upper arm mainly triceps area sort of like if you've lifted something heavy and it hurts the next day, it didn't bother me to much but this morning it has now spread to my shoulder rotater cuff as well as my arm and hurts when I move in amy direction. I have been suffering with chronic neck pain for years but has increased significantly these past few months and was wandering if it could be coming from there 😊

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I thought I had suffered from shoulder pain.  I had a rotator cuff surgery repair which was not clear on mri.  Anyway, that was June of last yr.  had 12 weeks of PT.  They kept telling me I was doing great.  But I was and still am in a great deal of pain.  So I went back to surgeon and now he referred me to spine Dr.  did MRI and I have Herniated disks. And it feels the same,just worse than before surgery shoulder.  Hurts in same place.   It hurts between shoulder blades and in tricep area 
    • Posted

Ah cindy that's awful😢 

Can I just say that bulging discs don't necessarily cause pain unless there pressing on something so please don't go into another surgery unless your absolutely sure that this is what's causing your pain. 

Iv hread of so many people having surgery for bulging discs only to realise later that the pain is the same or worse because that was not the issue in the first place. 

Have you tried chiropractic treatment for your neck? Also ice on your shoulder will help with pain, I totally understand what your going through and hope you manage to find something that works for you😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.