Cervical dizziness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Curious, has anyone ever had cervical dizziness, I have a ton of building disc in my neck and I was wondering if that's what's causing my dizziness and what I should do? I was starting to think

Maybe my neck is causing migraines that I can't even feel.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I do have it on rare occasions but I also have arthritis in my cervical spine. It would probably be a good idea to bring this up to you MD as it may need a look at the circulation to your brain to make sure nothing is amiss in your basilar circulation. It is not unusual for neck issues to cause episodes of dizziness and even falls from loss of muscle coordination. Do be careful of putting yourself in iffy situations until you get this worked out.
    • Posted

I mean situations that depend on your balance to keep you from injury (climbing a ladder, things like that). The base of your brain has what is called the circle of Willis that supplies the blood to both sides of the brain. Sometimes issues with brain circulation are intermittant and result in episodes of dizziness. There are a lot of other potential causes but your going to the neurologist is an important step to getting to an answer.
    • Posted

Oh right, my dizziness seems to be all day, I feel this constant imbalance like I'm on a boat, or like a sudden jolt in my head. It happens all day and my eyes bother me so much. I feel like dimmed lighting is how I see. It's really scary and it's ruining my life right now. Thanks for your help

• Posted

Any other (perhaps ear) symptoms?  Is the dizziness triggered by anything?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I have ear pressure in my left ear. And ringing. The dizziness isn't brought on by anything that I can think of. I'm dizzy and imbalance so much. And my neck hurts so bad every day.

• Posted

You will need to see ENT and perform an audiogram to rule out the possibility of Meniere's disease with respect to the left ear.  I am not sure yet how the neck problems relate yet, but this needs to be confirmed first.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

They have ruled out Ménière's disease for sure. So I know I don't have that for sure. So I'm leaning towards the spine or maybe I have superior canal discience.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with menieres some years ago and was having vertigo attacks virtually daily, until I happened to find a cure from a visit to a physiotherapist last may. No attacks since then. My ent doctor doesn't believe this could have cured me. I asked for a referral to a neurologist who said that if I was having problems with blood supply to the brain or ear this would have caused strokes or paralysis, not vertigo. So he didn't believe I could have been cured of vertigo either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.