Cervical erosion.

Posted , 2 users are following.

been to visit my GP due to some bleeding after sex and also once inbetween period. she checked my cervix and said looks fine but there is some cervical erosion! anyone had experience with this? she didnt give me much info. im upto date on my smears and also due one next month. can it cause spotting? i dont like to google as i have health anxiety so makes me very anxious googling.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi cervical erosion is very common it dosnt have anything to do with cervical cancer nor does it cause cervical cancer it is were the cells from inside the cervix are present on the outside of the cervix some people are born with it and some people get it as there going threw puberty or hormonal changes it can cause light bleeding and discharge they can treat it if it becomes a problem with cryocautery or silver nitrite but usually its not that big an issue i hope that thats helped you to understand a bit better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.