Cervical Rib Surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I went to Southampton Hospital today for a meeting with the consultant and my Cervical rib. She told me that there were only two options they can give me, to have surgery big risk having nerve damage, blood clots, not loosing my symptoms and the rib growing back. Or to have physiotherapy, I'm only 21 so have my whole life ahead of me but it's been causing me pain and discomfort for over 2 years. Any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Came for here advise just found what this is this is thing in my neck a few days ago an the thought of surgery is kinda terrifying me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.