Cervical Rib TOS - Arizona

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am finally going to get my TOS diagnosed and more importantly finally made the decision to have the extra rib removed...let me step back a moment. I am 51, female and have had the extra confirmed early on in life and told very early on just live with it. Dr's did warn me it could become TOS if I kept up swimming and sports. I did.

However, as a child it would still cause me a lot of pain and neck spams in the brachial plexus area. Well, recently after two car accidents, it's gotten out of hand. I can't hardly do anything over my head, my arm and fingers tingle and my two friends who are physicians said "It's time to go make them take out that extra rib." I have found my surgeon in So Cal CA, but I won't be on the insurance that would cover him until Feb 2021. Plus I would rather skip having an elective surgery during covid if I can help it.

So my physician friend still suggested I go get it checked out the and test done get a work up done here in AZ, especially to rule out vein or artery issues (though I don't have any symptoms). I do have a weird pulse that is right over the extra rib, but I've had the for years. I have no idea if that is a sign of arterial or not. It mostly feels nerve related type issue.

I am in AZ and wonder if anyone knows a good surgeon here? I don't see many listed here with extensive experience. My primary care physician has set me up with a vascular surgeon who does TOS mainly only vein related, but he isn't one of the primary surgeons mentioned in the US. If anything turns out serious (and I just don't know it), I am hesitant to have any surgery without it being one of the top 4 TOS surgeons in the US.

Thoughts?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.