Cervical Screening/STD Check-ups

Posted , 2 users are following.

I finally went and had a cervical screening and the doctor said my cervix looks very healthy (by visual, haven't got the results yet). I also asked for a full STI/STD check. As soon as I mentioned HIV, she looked at me like I was a crazy person. She was confused as to why I would even think I had HIV and told me off for Googling symptoms. She didn't even want to include it in my blood test examination but did it for my peace of mind.

It did help me to relax, I know it's not saying I don't have it, but the way she reacted sort of showed me that maybe my anxiety is the source of my issues, and I'm reading too much into symptoms that I might not even really have. 

I had the blood test this morning and even the pathologist was confused as to why I would automatically jump to HIV.

She said the results should be back by tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday), but my follow up appointment isn't until Monday. She said if anything was wrong, then my doctor would call me - she said she's confident I won't hear anything but my anxiety won't let me relax that easy.

After my cervical examination and just voicing my concerns with the doctor, I had such a good sleep. She told me to relax and everything will be fine. My body aches and pains are gone, my throat feels better, my headache is gone... all of what I was feeling was stress.

I won't be able to fully relax until I get my results, but I am feeling more relaxed.

Has anyone else gone through this sort of anxiety, and what did your results show?

I'm scared if I relax too much that the universe/life will throw me a curveball...

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Those doctors did the right thing, especially the one who admonished you for using Google. Google only does nothing but makes one feel that one has every disease on planet earth; stay away from it. Also, anxiety would work with your mind and make you have every symptom of a nightmarish disease that you're scared of. Just relax your mind and enjoy the World Cup. There's nothing wrong with you. Just trust your doctors.

• Posted

If you always Google symptoms, you'll always have cancer /AIDS/insert deadly diagnosis here. Best leave it to the professionals.

• Posted

I know it's ridiculous but I can't shake the thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.