Cervical Spine Advance Degenerative Disc

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please help!!! 

My grandmother is 76 and she is my world she went to the drs today for her results and he told her she has 

Advance Degenerative Disc @ c4-5

Mild Disc narrowing @ c5-6 & c6-7 osteorathricic 

change in joints Luschka bilateral mild bony foraminal narrowing c4-5 & c5-6

All comments welcomed she just gave me all of this info over the phone so forgive me if its spelt wrong.

Thank you in advance for all of your help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi amy275589,

If you put all the results together it sounds like your Gran has cervical stenosis with myolepathy and spondylosis. In other words her cervical vertabrae are worn and causing the spinal cord to become pinched at the levels you mention ie c4,5,6 and 7. Therefore she likely suffers from pins and needles in her fingers, hands or sometimes legs. In more severe cases of c/s she could be suffering great pain in neck and shoulders, accompanied with involuntary spasms of one or more limbs. These are generalisations as cervical stenosis/spondylosis presents differently from case to case depending on various factors involving the cervical spinal cord and spinal canal. You will get differing response from other posts, thats the main problem with c/s, so many differing symptoms.

Hope Grandmother gets her discomfort and pain sorted out, it can be a bit trial and error finding the right course of medication.

Mike

• Posted

Thank you for your reply it means a lot like I said she is my world and when she went to her Dr yesterday he told her he couldn't cure her in this so I'm not to sure if that means there isn't anything to give her in regards to meds but he did say surgery isn't an option and all she can do is neck exercises.
  • Posted

Hi Amy, yes steve is right you will get different opinions from other posters. She hasn't mentioned spinal cord impingement so that would rule out any cervical spondylotic myelopathy although foraminal narrowing could ecentually lead to this diagnosis. If you want to learn more about cervical myelopathy I help run a facebook group called cervical myelopathy support group. We have over 600 members with spondylosis and degenerative disc disease. Have they recommended any magement of their findings. I also help run a radiology patient support group where you can post your reports and MRI scans. We have neuroradiologists and orthopaedic spinal surgeons who would review your grand mothers scans and reports for her free of charge. 
    • Posted

I obviously didn't check my spelling before posting - its too early for me 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply means a lot I am travelling to see her tomorrow and I will see if I can get a copy of report once again thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.