Cervical spine stenosis at the age of 32 can anyone relate?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've struggle with back problems since 2013 started with my lumbar had lazer surgery which was a failed surgery, my disc re bulged with in the year and the pain running down my leg and the numbness in my foot had gotten sever so sever I was kicked out of work when my whole left side went numb and I almost fell. I went to a ortho surgeon he did another mri gave me two epidurals that made it worse he told me there's nothing else he could do for me and walked out of the room at the same time I was having neck problems my neck swelled up so large and I couldn't move it and the spine would burn arms and hand would go numb I had a mri done on it 3 times over the three years all done at the same place and each time it showed slight bulge and a little degenerative disc disease my last one was at the end of 2015 after getting no where with doctors I decided to see a neurologist and was sent to a different hospital for a mri of the neck which showed cervical stenosis with 3 herniated disc and surgery won't help because of how narrow it is with barley any fluid on it so I'll be getting injections soon (scared) what concerns me is if the stenosis is progressive or if the place I've had the mri done has faulty equipment and I also wonder if anyone else around my age has gone through this. I'm relieved to finally get dianosed after years the struggle has been real now I finally know that the pain radiating down my body is mostly due to my neck it has been debilitating I lost a real good job because of it so if anyone is or has gone through this let me know or if has had injections in the neck or facet joints do they help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was 36 when diagnosed with cervical spondalosis.  Like you I lost my job as my hands, neck and shoulders would burn with pain and I'd get terrible headaches.  Like you I have had a serious of mri scans which show deterioration from c4-c7.  I have tried every treatment under the sun including the facet joint injections and the neck epidural.  Unfortunately they didn't work for me, and like you I am unable to have the operation.  Since treatment failure I have been pumped full of opiates which my doctor is slowly trying to ween me off.

i know the injections work for many so I wish you luck.  Unfortunately I am now 43 with no more treatment available so I am vidtually house bound due to the pain and o now also have problems with my lower back.

• Posted

I'm sorry treatment hasn't worked for you ,are you on disability because of it ? I'm currently waiting on a hearing for mine . It worries me that the shots won't work on my neck because they didn't work on my lumbar and with the risk factors that come with the shots and the dangers of all the nerves sitting right there. My doctor doesn't even want me to lift a gallon jug of water in fear of doing more damage. These loops they put us through are exhausting and it's such a long processsad
    • Posted

I am on the new PIP and I get both components as I can't walk far due to pain and get terrible dizzy spells.  

Take it easy and I hope the injections work for you.  Let me know how it goes x

• Posted

Hi, I really feel for you, I'm 32 and I got diagnosed 4 year ago. They told me then there was nothing they could do as I was so young. I work doing security and crowd control at football matches but lately I'm in so much pain most days and when at worst I have to wear a neck brace to stop my head flopping to the side. Naproxin helped but the doctors was supposed to have me on them for 1 year but doctors screwed up and I had them till a week ago when they realised and it was too late. My kidneys are now suffering because of the meds haha typical! So I've got to go have fun tests. I love my job and ill do anything to stay there. But I feel like I'm loosing a battle. Sorry to blab on its the first time I've let that out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.