Cervical Spondolosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

sad hey just really wanted some advice on this disease...i was diagnosed 6 years ago, i am now 39 years of age and feel awful! I have chest pains, my arms are numb on and off, i have such bad pain in my right arm, i feel dizzy most of the time, cannot look up or will go backwards! Crazy! Also does anyone else fall backwards when closing their eyes? The mornings are the worst! Hot showers help! I am due for physio again next week< does anyone have any advice for me please, would be much appreciated, thanks so much and the best of luck to all of you x [/i]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

[quote:78bdfc35c9=\"Roxy147 \"]sad hey just really wanted some advice on this disease...i was diagnosed 6 years ago, i am now 39 years of age and feel awful! I have chest pains, my arms are numb on and off, i have such bad pain in my right arm, i feel dizzy most of the time, cannot look up or will go backwards! Crazy! Also does anyone else fall backwards when closing their eyes? The mornings are the worst! Hot showers help! I am due for physio again next week< does anyone have any advice for me please, would be much appreciated, thanks so much and the best of luck to all of you x [/i][/quote:78bdfc35c9]

Hiya Roxy, smile

Sorry you have this rotten condition sad

The best piece of advice I can give you at the moment, is to ask your GP for a referal to a Rheumatologist......... if you haven't seen one lately. Have you had an MRI scan? Would it be possible to pay privately, cost me £150 two years ago.MRI scan would be, well I dread to think, I was quoted £650 for that, which I declined, (sorry rambling smile )

CS, is seems is a very broad based diagnosis, and I believe you should ask for an MRI scan to elimminate any other problems such as stenosis, myelopathy, osteophytes and other problems.

I had an op 2 years ago to relieve symptoms such as yours, and yes they are better, but.................. I still have them, I'm 57 so I'm not too concerned about my mobility ( I know that sounds crackers, but I'm pleased I had a good few years before this struck) as I would be at 39, Get it checked out pdq Roxy.

CS is a degenerative condition, so we all have to make sure we know what is going on inside our bodies, I take calcium tabs, on my Rheumi's advice and other vitamins, I find they do help, but some days as the Neuro said to me, this condition robs you of every shread of vitality! Ne'er a truer word said!! smile

Take Care

Emxx smile :wink:

• Posted

Hey thanks for that advice..i am gonna go for it! Take care x
  • Posted

Hi , ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist if that's possible. I started suffering with this when i was 35. I woke up one morning with a stiff neck and 4 days later i had lost feeling throughout my body. I was misdiagnosed in the beginning but i persevered and got a second opinion which is everyone's right and then began the slow process of x rays, MRI scans, neurologist referral. As you know the wait for all these things is endless so by the time i got to surgery stage, 3 years had passed. It was a living nightmare for me at the time as i was a single parent with 3 children but i got through it with pain killers and very understanding children, family and friends. I had a discectomy with fusion and was back to work within a couple of months. The op has done the job although i do still get neck pain and sometimes headaches and i also have a bit of nerve damage in my left arm but these are easier to cope with than what i had. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you manage to get the neurologist referral that i think perhaps your GP should have done a long time ago.

Angie

• Posted

i too believe i have this condition. it started out like any other day.. by the end of the day i couldn't hold my head up.. it was too heavy.. i was dizzy and shaking.. everyone thought it was an infection.. nope... blood tests were normal.. i have had a neck x-ray.. head ct , neck ct and a mri of my neck.. it showed loss of curvature (lordosis) and mild degeneration in disks c3-c4. everyone has said it is fine.. it doesn't effect you.. but i think we all know different.. that was a year ago.. i am better but my symptoms have evolved to include my arms and shoulders.. my hands get clumsy and my eye sight gets a little weird..everything basically feel sore.. my lower back is now starting to hurt.. i do have mild degeneration in the disks there.. but again it is not recognised as a problems... i am 29 with 3 kids.. i had to give up my job which i loved and now everyone thinks i'm lunatic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.