cervical spondolosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am new here I have rheumatoid arthritis also have cevical spondolosis was wondering if any one has really bad headaches with this condition

.I have also had a spinal fusion on my lower back that didnt work nad am going in hospital tomorrow for more surgery.Also from my scans I have a fractured sacrum and pelvis 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had many headaches before having lumbar spondylolisthesis realigned two months ago. Coupled with mine are 2 minor scoliosis curves, even my neck was in pain. Since my surgery I have had far far fewer headaches. Having a cousin with severe neck issues and bad headaches, often migraine, I think your neck and spine issues could easily be causing your headaches. Also the tension that settles into these regions contribute to headaches.

A fractured sacrum and pelvis… You must have had a bad fall or accident?  How did your recent surgery go? I really feel for you. This is a lot to go through.

• Posted

Hi Donna thanks for the reply. I didnt have a fall Its the RA that caaused the spine to crumble and break my sacrum and pelvis.My surgery went ok  thank you I had that done 2 weeks tomorrow . How are you since your surgery I hope it was a successs...
    • Posted

I'm glad your surgery went ok. At 2 weeks, I'm sure you have plenty of pain. RA is such a painful auto-immune illness. I'm sorry. I hope you progress well.

Yes my surgery was successful. I'm a little over two months out. Still muscle, tendon and nerve pains… Part of healing I'm told and it can go on for several months. Not sure what my pain level will be next year, but whatever it is, it's far better than what it was. I hope it's the same for you. 

• Posted

PS I also posted at the following discussion if you haven't seen it

Post lumbar laminectomy by sandra38042 in Spinal Problems

• Posted

Hi Joycemadine

I too had really bad headaches for years and was treated for migraine.   No amount of migraine tabs helped until about 6 years down the line I was admitted to hospital with severe head pain, given all the tests available and discovered that my migraine was actually cervical spondolosis which by that time was too severe to operate.  I now live on a cocktail of drugs including morphine and yes suffer severe headaches, along wth neck, arm back and hand pain.   Glad they are able to do something for you.  Just keep trying whatever they offer.   It is too late for me as any op would make me worse making me paralised.   Hope all your surgery works.  Must admit it makes me feel a little sorry for myself that my condition was not .   discovered years ago when something could have been done to help my pain..

Best of luck.   Let us know how thing work out for you.

Arran103

• Posted

Hi Arran,

so sorry to read your post. I have a friend in the US with pretty much the same situation. He knew he had problems, he was too afraid to have any surgery. His migraines have continued to be brutal over the years. He is having another round of testing and consulting with a new neurosurgeon. One very good one has already declined. If anything comes of this, I will post again. Are you in the UK or the US?

• Posted

Hi Donna I am in uk. Trying to find out at the moment if u can have spinal cord stimulator implant to help my pain. My eldest daughter has fibromyalgia cprs

and arthritis and is due to have one fitted soon. Hopefully it works for her and my doc can refer me to someone. I would do anything to help this horrendous constAnt pain. At the moment three surgeons have refused to operate. Thanks for writing and do let me know if your friend finds a solution.

Best wishes

Arran103

• Posted

Severe migraines have diagnosed ny cervical problems twice first time c4 c5 disc replacement and fusion then headaches began again facectomy c6 c7 and c7 nerve root decompression headaches feek like heavy pressure back if head i have these 24/7 not gone after last surgery 8 weeks post op looks like im going to have to live with it now im 47 my problems began 7 years ago had my first of 3 years ago hope it gets easier for you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.