cervical spondtlosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

After two scans have found out that i have cs .I am having a really bad time of it. pain killers aren't working,no feeling in right arm or fingers ,shoulder and neck pain,none of the usual things seem to touch the pain.Can't really do anything at moment not to mention my temper

I'm only 36 it's been like this for 4 weeks, please help when will the pain stoppppppppppppppp.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What pittance of pain relief have they stuck you on? smile
  • Posted

Roll a towel up like a sausage with your ice pack one layer off the surface. Lay flat with it tucked under your neck. 20 minute sessions whenever you can fit them in. Might not work for you but it did for me. 3-5 weeks was my lowest point - don't give money to people who say they can cure it. There's a big exploitation industry out there!
  • Posted

Thanks for that , been doing hot wheat bag ect but not the cold i'll give it a go,going back to docs again today

i'm taking 60mg of codine phosphate 4 times aday with ibro and physio feel a little spaced out most of the time but the pain still goes on and on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Posted

hi

totaly agree with jon on this one, a cold wheat bag helped me, in week 1-5 my physio told me what to try he was really good, even though i couldnt do any of the exercises(and still cant) it apparently eases the initial inflammation of the nerves, sorry i cant be of more help i know when im really bad with the pain i just want to cut my arm off(extreme i know ) i,ve even asked the doc for an anesthetic to knock me out . im sure it will start easing soon and you will find your own ways of knowing what sparks a flare up, i have learnt over time but occationally like fri and sat i do too much and the pain comes back with a vengence just to remind me thats the problems not gone away.

what i have learnt though is when i do have a flare up NO painkillers ease the pain completely, so i resort now to hot showers hot/cold wheat bags and crying a lot.i sincerely hope your pain eases soon.gail

• Posted

Good to read youve got a fast GP appointment, it cant go on like that, you must be miserable with it sad
  • Posted

hi again

thanks for all your comments it has really helped, well the doc wants to give me a steriod injection, has this worked for anyone? it sounds a little scarry.She has also changed my codeine to dihydrocodeine.when will i be able to work again the four walls are getting me downnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Posted

Youll be able to work as soon as the codeine stops making you feel woozy smile
  • Posted

Hi

I too was diagnosed with CS at the age of 36. I lost 50% of all movement and could not lift my right arm.

Cold treatment is better than hot. Take a ice pack, or a pack of peas wrapped in a tea towel and place in on the affected area every 20 minutes. This should relieve the pain, with medication if needed.

After extensive phyiso, (18 months), I now see a chiropractor.

Chiropractic does not work for everyone however.

You should see either a physio or chiro, as lack of use makes the muscles weaker, and this leads you to doing less, making the muscles weaker. Over taxed muscles can also cause pain in their own right. It is a case of finding out what works for you.

I take ibuprofen (double strength), when the pain is bad. I take flax oil which acts as an anti-inflammatory, and I go to chiro as required. I also use 'biofreeze', (recommended by the chiro), which acts as a painkiller. You need to find what works for you.

I do not mean to be a doom and gloom merchant, but I did not, and I am never likely to return to work, and I am now 42.

I have had to learn to adapt to this condition. It is a chronic condition, and it affects everyone differently. For me it affected my upper body strength, and my ability to do ordinary everyday things. You have to learn to adapt your life accordingly, and this can be a long process.

Regards

• Posted

Hi again

Well i tried the cold,it has really helped thanks. Not sure the phyiso is helping seems to be making it worse, still no much strength on my right arm

have started to have pain on my right leg is this normal??

its hard when someone asks how i am i want to shout STILL THE SAME but just say well a little better other wise i just sound like i'm complaining all the time

almost managed to cut my own dinner up tonight.still not sure that i'm ready to go back to work, have to really think when i want to move my arm

question for the last guest is your arm still weak

IT HAS REALLY HELPED WITH ALL YOUR COMMENTS THANK YOU

ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME

NOT SURE HOW I WILL COPE OVER CHRISTMAS

• Posted

Hi

I have recovered a lot of the movement now, although it is limited to some degree. My right arm did improve, but I still drop things involuntarily It is weaker than it was. I sometimes struggle to open bags, and hold things like potato peelers. Writing is also difficult.

The important thing is not to panic, everyone is different, and with the right treatment hopefully you will be able to use your arm again.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Juniper.

PS: I am the previous \"guest\" for some reason I could not log in under my username.

• Posted

:cry: [color=red:a197d8587c][/color:a197d8587c]

[b:a197d8587c]hi again well the physio have sent me back to my doc for more investigating because what she is doing is affecting my right leg ect, is [/b:a197d8587c][b:a197d8587c]there any more invest that can be done?. [/b:a197d8587c]i'm not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel , had to stay in bed all day today because every time i sat up /moved the pain not to mention the pins/needles was a nightmare. thats what this is begining to feel like ONE BIG NIGHTMARE i can't cope i just want to cut my arm off and be done with it HELP

QUESTION

FOR LAST GUEST HOW LONG WAS YOUR ARM BAD FOR

THERE MUST BE MORE THAT CAN BE DONE

GOT PAIN DOC AT END OF JAN [b:a197d8587c][/b:a197d8587c]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: sad sad sad sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: [color=black:a197d8587c][b:a197d8587c]HELP[size[/b:a197d8587c][/color:a197d8587c]=18][/size][b:a197d8587c][/b:a197d8587c]

• Posted

Best wishes for this christmas, I hope you get sorted out before next christmas smile Hopefully the pain doctor will sort you out, the end of january though, wtf sad
  • Posted

get yourself to a chiropractor, asap. also try frozen peas on for 10 minutes off for 50 mins works for me. good luck :P
  • Posted

HI ALL

Just want to wish you all a HAPPY AND PAIN FREE NEW YEAR smile :bubbly: :magic: :bubbly: :magic:

Anne Marie

• Posted

Hi Ams

Hope that everything is ok with you, and happy new year.

I had physio for about 18 months. Movement of my neck and arm were very restricted for probably about a year, but it did come back eventually. You need to find a treatment that works for you, be patient, (not easy I know), and persist with any exercises that are given to you.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Juniper

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.