Cervical spondylitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have osteoarthritis and cervical spondylitis, I am getting some strange symptoms, when I am sitting of an evening it feels like something crawling all over my back, my left arm just down from the top feels like ice and over the left side back top of buttock, now I have been getting burning pain upper back my neck and upper back are crunching all the time, it feels like I need to take my head off because it feels to heavy, does anyone else feel like this, I also get very gritty eyes and blurry eyes as well...

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

As a matter of fact I do,especially the gritty blurry eyes!

I've tried to explain these symptoms to Mds and Chiropractors and whoever will listen!

All I get get is "I don't know" or "we'll make it better" when I truly don't think they are totally in tune with what is going on!

At this point of 5 years of no answers I've got anxiety /Depression because of it,which I'm sure contributes to the symptoms now!

I have a ton of cervical and lumbar issues!

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean, I have just had a ct scan on my urinary and kidneys, the only reason is because it felt like my kidneys were going to explode, the consultant already said he thought it was cervical spondylitis so I have no idea why my doctor got me a ct scan I wanted one on my spine but he do you listen, I am in terrible pain all day, the only time I get some relief is when I have had a shower and laying down with a hot water bottle....
    • Posted

See if you can find yourself a DR or Chiropractor who will do a head to toe image of your spine.

I found one just recently and was totally amazed at how bad my WHOLE spine was out of whack!

If one area is not working properly, the rest is sure to follow!

I'm now having not just one area addressed like in the past.

It's all relative ya know!

So far I have had better results with having the while spine addressed,instead of being "parted out" to each "specialty "

I found the biggest flaw in the medical world is that they do only what their specialty is...from there you're on your own!

Sorta like a knotted rope,you take out one knot but the rest are still there!

• Posted

I was going to find out about a chiropractor but am a bit worried how much it would be, I retired last year and I am only on a state pension, but I will still try and search for one this week, I know what you mean because I had planters fascilitis got rid of that but the back is so painful, even my ribs hurt as well now. 
    • Posted

Do some shopping around and explain your financial situation!

Most reputable chiropractors charge $30.00 or less with or without insurance!

I was fortunate to find one that only charges me $26.00

Keep in mind an initial visit will probably be a bit more,but if you have insurance it may cover it like mine does!

I was really fortunate to finally find one who specializes in neurological and chiropractic!

Hopefully you can find one near you too!

They are out there it's just a matter of finding a good one!

It took me 5 years and 3 states later.

I just happened to find the one I've got now because I moved to a state with better overall medical care!

(Arkansas,I had horrible experiences)

Are you in a location that finding good care is even an option?

• Posted

I have looked and they are about £50 here in England and you don't get any imaging done for that price, my son went to one and he paid £70 but I will still look around... I live in a place which is terrible for transport links, I do drive my sons car when he is here. I think we have one in the village I will see tomorrow... Thankyou
  • Posted

Hi. I too have had all the symptoms snd still do getthem now . My cervical spondylosis is now beyond the operative stage. I am just constantly in pain now, but I still get some weird sensations. At the moment, as soon as I move my head, I feel like I sm going to pass out.
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear you are going through all that pain as well, I have had dizziness but the doc said nothing to do with it, I don't even want to see him again, but the rest of the doctors are all the same at the surgery...

My doctor said to me you do t want to go down that road he was talking about back operations, of course I don't but if I had some good medication that did not turn me into a zombie then I could cope with this horrible arthritis....

• Posted

Find a good chiropractor who specializes in the cervical spine!

Mine is in the same boat,but with gentle manipulation over time it has helped tremendously!

• Posted

I will try to find one, but they are very expensive, I know here in England it is about £50 that's a lot for one session....
    • Posted

Thanks Maureen There is one in my town I say town it is very tiny so we would call it a village, he wanted £50 for first consultation and then £35 for half an hour so I will have to look a bit further away. Do you take any medication, I take codeine and paracetamol not the strongest just 15/500 it don't do much at all, heat and rest seems the best, but I do walk about 2 miles a day when I am able, I try to get everything done in the morning so I can rest a little in the afternoon before I start dinner, but us women do tend to keep going right to the end..
  • Posted

Hi.

you cannot give names on this site, either a person from a medical team, a chiropractic clinic, a hospital or a doctors surgery. This is why your msg is being moderated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.