Cervical Spondylosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Suffering with CS from last 2 years with on and off neck pain. C5-C6 Disc is degenerated and have bone spurs on C5-C6 vertebra and have loud clicking noise while moving neck same like a bad car axle. Some time while moving neck it feel that its stuck and when i push it with little pressure it get free with little pain. 

Thinking for second MRI any one else have this neck stuck feelings ?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I am exactly the same. It could be a bone spur on one of your vertebrae. I cant even move my head to the left now. Luckily, my meds are keeping me so that the pain is just about toleable.
  • Posted

Yes, I do. I also have cervical spondylosis. I have degenerated discs from c3-c7 with severe bone spurs from c2-c7. No surgeon is prepared to do a spinal fusion on all 4 discs as I will then no longer be able to move my neck. At present I can turn it a little to the left and a bit more to the right but it grinds badly. The clicking and cracking is horrible and I am on a lots of meds for pain relieve as I have 4 trapped nerves too plus I have lumbar disc degeneration too. You could ask for another MRI but do you really feel like you require a big op that may cause you more pain than you already have? How long ago was your las MRI? 
  • Posted

Yes Furqans,neck gets stuck,usually left side,like you push on neck to realease it .almost easing it back into place 
  • Posted

I'm the same it's like chalk also have bad pain across top of back and numbness in arms and hands any body else suffer with this to 
  • Posted

Dear All,

Looking for some advise, my husband has what we thought was a bad neck from sleeping funny. Now a month on and following blood tests and an xray we have been told it is degenerate bones in his neck. He is unable to move his neck at all now pain in shoulders and down his arms. Is on strong pain killers which are making him feel sick and dizzy. He has been signed off work until he sees a consultant which we have been told will be around Feb 2016. What are the questions we need to be asking. How will they get his neck moving again will it need an operation. Our gp is very vague and he has never suffered with his neck until now , it just went.

Background he is 52 and a painter and decorator so uses the movement of his neck and arms continually all day. Does this mean the bones have worn out, can you get a replacement  like a hip or knee. Just don't know where to look for advise.

Thanks

Sandra London

• Posted

Hi Sandra.

It doesn't sound too good. He could have a bone spur which is stopping him from moving his neck. If this is what it is, he may be offered surgery. Or it could be that hes slipped a disc or something else.

It sound like he would benefit from having a MRI scan to see what is going on. He most probably won't be able to return to work tho.

I have suffered for over 30 years with mine, and i haven't been able to work since I was 42

I had a really bad bout of pain 3 years in February, and the pain has never gone away. I am now on maximum dose with all my medication, including morphine. I am waiting to get into a pain clinic.

It wont be your Husbands bones have worn away, it will be the discs that are involved. All you can do now is wait until his appt comes through to see a consultant, and ask your husband to list all his symptoms.

Good luck with everything, and let me know how he gets on

Lesley x

• Posted

Hi Lesley

Thanks for the response. Is there no operations that can be done to help relieve the pain. Surely there must be something people cant be left to suffer like this. Does it just come on so quickly like this as he has never suffered with any probems in the past.

He is getting depressed with the not doing anything I cant tell him this he will be so upset. Cant even watch the kids play football or take them to the park.

I am just hoping that something can be done.

Sandra

• Posted

Hi Sandra i am sorry to hear about your husband, its all depend on how much damage has been done and a MRI is a good diagnostic tool to find out about the root cause. Its just a normal wear and tear of disc which can further cause bone spurs or crvical spondylosis. Some time NSAID help to return to normal life but in some cases surgery is neccassry and if in case of surgery one should do a lot of research to chose a best surgon who is expert in ACDF and doing these kind of surgeries on almost daily basis but its too early to say any thing without looking into MRI
    • Posted

Unfortunately, not at this stage. He needs to go and see his gp to get some pain meds that will help him. The last flare up that I had started in my left shoulder. It started as a niggle, but oh boy! Little did I know what pain I was heading for. I couldn't lye down, turn over in bed. Most nights I was on sll fours, crying with the pain. It really was bad,.it all came on in about a week.

When your husband goes to see his gp, get him to ask for a mild anti - depressant.

Keep in touch and let me know how he gets on please.

Lesley x

• Posted

I absolutely agree. Anti-depressants can help pain even if you don't suffer from clinical depression. Present it to him like that. Men are horrible at accepting help with things. Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.