Cervical Spondylosis Dizziness and Loss of Balance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am new to the forum.  I was diagnosed last year with Cervical Spondylosis.  I have read through some of the conversations on CS put forward by other members.  It is such a huge relief to discover I am not going mad, and other people here experience debilitating dizziness.  I have trapped nerves at C5 - 6, I have root nerve pain that is at times excruciating and I feel that my arm is broken if I move it the wrong way, this is now spreading to my other arm.  I have weakness in all my limbs making it difficult to walk and my balance is awful, feel like I am walking on an icy path and the ground is coming up from under my feet.  I have no strength in my hands or wrist.  I have now developed parathesia and weakness in my calves and waiting see my GP about this.  It was such a relief today to read how I am not alone in my symptoms smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your symptoms have you had an MRI done sounds a lot like spinal cord compression too check out myelopathy org I hope it can give you the information you need
    • Posted

Hi, thanks!

No I have had an MRI done, but I am hoping when I see my GP he will organise this!  I thought this may be myelopathy.

• Posted

Definitely push for a MRI and all the best with everything
    • Posted

Thank you Iwan, I will!
  • Posted

Hi isobel,

Welcome to this site.

Sounds very simular to others here including myself.

It is very difficult for non sufferers to understand the grinding pain and weakness throughout the body because of, a bit of neck pain.

What medication are you taking.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike

Thanks!  I am only taking Nefopam, as I also have unstable angina and limited in medications I can take, I can't have NSAIDS.  I also have paracetamol along with Nefopam when it is particularly bad!

• Posted

Hi isobel,

Sorry, I am not sure what goes with what regards pain meds. and angina problems.

My personal saviour was morphine based pain patch, took 13 months of agony and the first time I used it I got full 8 hours sleep aah high.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.