cervical sponylosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

it seems like everyone has dissappeared off here lately? just wondering if you have all found a miracle cure!!! wouldn't that be nice.[/b]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi vicky , i am here i check everyday, i see aunty em and idk8000, no sign of gerry. i only post if i have something to say, and i read everything that is posted. i myself have been really bad for weeks now, very little respite, i have my appointment with my neurosurgeon on wednesday , and i must say i am pinning a lot on my consultation. how are you doing, are you feeling any better which is a silly question considering the time of year. look forward to hearing more from everyone,, bye for now xxxxxx chris
  • Posted

thankyou for responding. i am going through a difficult time at the moment.. i'm getting clumsy hands and although my neck isn't hurting as much (bones) its the muscles that are starting to hurt now. my mri showed loss of curvature and dehydration of my c3-c4 disks.. all i have been told is that its not a problem. see neuro and i have hyper reflexs but they said thats fine.. its amazing how people can say your fine when they don't know you isn't it???!!. i think the time of year does affect me a little because you tense up your muscles when you are cold. hense i think thats why my shoulders nad shoulder blades are burning inside. i guess i'll just have to let the hubby massage me some more!!! heheheeh!!.
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, I check this forum at least once every day although I don't post very often these days. If you want to compare symptoms with me, feel free to send me a Private Message. I've had e-mail contact with a few of the people on here and, generally, we're a friendly bunch. (By the way, apologies to Chris for not having written to her for some time.) I was interested in your comment about the time of year and your muscles tensing up when cold. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel cold at the moment. Last night was the coldest night here for a couple of weeks and I got up about 5am in agony and had a wander round my flat. If anything, I felt hot as if a small fire was happening in my neck, shoulders, head and upper right arm. And I haven't put the heating on yet, either. I've commented before on remarks made by other people and am probably turning into a grumpy old man at 52. Just last week, someone told me that I looked well and I advised them otherwise (politely, I hope). A terrific burst of pain had shot up my right arm just minutes earlier so my mood was probably very irritable. We're both in the same boat and it would probably be useful to compare our experiences. So, don't be afraid to make contact.
  • Posted

hello hello, idk, so nice to see you posting again. the heat you feel when you get pain i think is the inflamation at work, i get huge surges of heat accomanying the pain. when my shoulder plays up as well it comes in waves which makes me feel sickly. i am also experiencing more headaches than i have previously which is strange. i can feel all this in the hot weather as well but not as intense. have you noticed because people cant see anything wrong they always seem to assume we are well, like you said idk, they think oooooh you look well,(meaning you dont have anything wrong, you look to healthy).i have naturally ruddy cheeks, which makes people think i am healthy, i would just love to pass on a fraction of my pain to them, to help them understand it all,,,, i hope you are all as well as can be for the time of year and hope to hear from you all soon bye for now xxx chris
  • Posted

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum and i can relate to the responses you get from people who don't know you. I have had surgery with fusion in my neck and lumbar region ( no fusion in lumbar). I am regularly out with my dog which helps my mobility and people just assume i am ok and wonder why i have a motability car, unfortunately they can't see the pain i have and how i have to force myself to go out with the dog. I dread this time of year as it's always hard to get through the cold and damp weather. I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and an impingement in my left shoulder, basically i am in agony and at the ripe of old age of just 45 i feel about 85! I was at the pain clinic last week as i usually have a cordal epidural once a year and it gives me a few weeks of feeling like a normal healthy person, i had to virtually beg to get on the waiting list for another one!!!! I'm afraid i just lost it with the doctor even though i know it's not his fault, it's all down to the NHS trying to save money by reducing costs on back pain injections. I flipped and said i have served my country in the army ( although i never had any active service) and i have worked my guts out since the age of 15 only to be told that i can't have what i feel is my right as i have paid in all the time i have worked.

He gave in and said ok, thankfully.

Sorry for ranting on but i'm sure you all know how mood etc is affected at this time of year.

If i can offer any advice or just a shoulder for any of you to have a moan then please feel free, it's always better knowing you're not alone with this painful condition.

Angie :wink:

• Posted

i think we are allowed to rant about things. i have had a ranting day today.. it was just one of those headache/neck ache days where its makes you feel crappy and dizzy and fatigued!!! oh the fatigue is the worse.. feels likes i haven't slept in months..sorry just want to rant agagin!! i'm happy now.
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I've been away again and have just caught up with the site. Hello to the new people, sorry you have the dreaded cs too! Mine isn't as bad as lots of you, just nags away most of the time, it's the fuzzy head and continuous aches and pains. I find that I have all sorts of strange symptoms not sure whether they are from cs or the bronchiectasis that I have! Now I have high blood pressure too, does anyone else have that? I think posture is very important, it really makes a difference when you can make the effort. I think I am becoming a hyperchondriac sometimes too. I am seeing a neurologist at the end of the month, so that might be interesting. Of course when people ask 'how are you' I say 'not so bad' as I don't suppose they really want to hear it all!! And yes it is a good excuse for the massage from hubby!

Well that's my rant all done, bye for now

HC

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.