cervical sponylosis and balance

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed approx 4 years ago with CS.

Have the usual neck,arm pain etc.[size=18:88ab310d95][/size:88ab310d95]

Recently, some days my balance is very bad, need stick to walk etc.

Anyone else has this problem ?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes i have the same problem, i have had to use a walking stick for the past two months as my condition of c/s is getting alot worse and to keep my balance is now very hard.
  • Posted

Same problem here too, now with dizziness sometimes attached. Often go out without my walking stick and have actually fallen over in the street a couple of times over the years. Most embarrassing as no-one has ever offered to help me; they probably think I'm drunk.
  • Posted

i have had this problem for the past 16.5 yrs and it is getting worse. my mst recent symptoms are dizziness, and vision problems. when trying to walk i am stooped and cant straighten up , i have reduced my painkillers and what with the breakthrough pain i am stumped as to what to do. any ideas anyone. thanks
  • Posted

[quote:c0ea802119=\"chris215a\"]i have had this problem for the past 16.5 yrs and it is getting worse. my mst recent symptoms are dizziness, and vision problems. when trying to walk i am stooped and cant straighten up , i have reduced my painkillers and what with the breakthrough pain i am stumped as to what to do. any ideas anyone. thanks[/quote:c0ea802119]

Hiya Chris, et al

I believe that CS can cause vascular problems,(dizzy spells, loss of balance) also myelopathy, which is secondary to CS. I have problems most days with my balance, however since taking Amytrilityne, the episodes have gotten less.

Could I ask you guys if you have had your blood pressure checked recently? I never had problems with my BP until I started with CS.

Take Care

Emxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.