Cervical Vertigo/Balance?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I went to my GP last week with an ear problem (inflammation, swollen neck glands, off balance, dizziness etc....) I was prescribed an ear spray and told to come back if it didn't work. I am not convinced the balance is down to an ear infection, I put most of my aches and pains down to an autoimmune disease that was diagnosed with over twenty years ago, I have suffered dizziness for years that I have put down to my neck being damaged by my spondylitis, but I have recently started to suffer from balance problems, to be honest I think that it has been creeping up on me for a number of years in that I can soon go off balance while just standing, but walking at the moment is a challenge, I feel as if I am going to stumble to one side, I do stumble if I look to the side while walking.

Anyway after going through lots of pages on this discussion I came across a post about cervical vertigo and lo and behold I could relate to it completely, I even did a test that entailed standing with my arms out and with my head turned to one side then putting my hands palm down one at a time, if the test set off nausea then it indicated a neck problem! I thought, no way is that going to cause nausea, so I tried it and couldn't believe that it set off nausea!! and the feeling stayed with me for ages after. So I shall take this info to my GP and hope that he takes me seriously because it can be treated.

Can anyone else relate to this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.