Cervicogenic dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone here had cervicogenic dizziness? I have had a general light-headedness, fullness in ears and mild headache in the back right side of my head (headache has improved) for the past 5 weeks. I'm a pilot and have been out of work because of it. Any experiences or advice would help. I've had a MRI, blood work, Eye exam from eye doctor, and everything has come back normal so the ENT (who believes its Cervicogeni dizziness) has sent me to a Physical Therapist who has me doing neck traction each day. Has anyone had results or gotten better from specific treatments? I'm desperate to get back in the air and get my life back!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have lots of tension in your shoulders and neck? I have very similar symptoms

• Posted

In my mid back between spine and shoulder blade I do, I haven't noticed specifically pain in my neck, but the back of my head where my neck meets my head is where my headache has been.

• Posted

Try massaging your neck muscles and top of shoulders before bed each night. It helps relieve pressure around the nerves that run down the top of the spinal cord. It sounds simple but ive had these issues for a long time and it makes the difference in migraine/dizziness the next day for me when nothing else

does. Hope it helps

• Posted

Look up occipital neuralgia. My neurologist has been giving me nerve block shots for it. This might be your issue

• Posted

Doesnt seem to fit my symptoms, but thanks so much for your input!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.