Ces

Posted , 4 users are following.

Still in pain no power in my legs another scan they said it was ok but my anal exam I felt hardly anything. They say I've got nerve root inflammation but when I was diagnosed and finally rushed to hospital I had been left three days before with one of the red flags as my brain wasn't teling me win to go to the toilet. I know get no sign when I need a poo it just happens when I see the pain is the same as it was before I've seen no consultant I didn't even see my surgeon after the operation was performed. I only found out yesterday it could happen again and I'm being treated like an addict as I'm still on morphine I'm seriously depressed and I've had enough of being kept in the dark can by one give me any advice on what to do and how to get some answers. I'm worried my doctors didn't act fast enough and they know this and are scared of being sued for malpractice

Many thanks Julie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I run medical negligence cases; you need someone like me with specific experience of these claims. what symptoms did you first complain of, to whom and when - what action was taken?
  • Posted

Hi Julie you're case sounds very much like mine. I was left over a year with no rectal tone and gradual loss of other muscle. First rectal tone, so bad that my bowel actually prolapsed, next my perineum area lost all feeling and would bulge out, next my bladder prolapsed, then I ended up with severe sciatica causing my loss of feeling on l in my foot and eventually I realized I had lost all feeling in my lady parts or sensation to pee. All along I was under the care of drs because they were going to operate on my bowel. I saw my family doctor numerous times, a general surgeon, a colorectal surgeon and lastly when I was in so much pain I couldn't walk an emerg. Dr. At every stage I asked why is this progressing, it started with a, then a and b and then a b and c etc. I've never had children, no accidents and I was healthy. After over a year and the day after the dr in emerg. brushed me off I went back to my family Dr and asked for an mri or xray etc. Not one Dr did any tests and it came back as an emergency. The neurosurgeon on call downgraded it based on a phone call from my Dr and took another 3 weeks for surgery. I have so much pain now and the drs were running scared telling my nothing just like you. You have to push for help. Keep asking for help. My first experience with someone who understood was a worker from Spinal Cord Injury Ontario who shared a book about incomplete sci's. I've been through hell and now trying to get back to work its another battle cause you're seen as a liability. Its wrong that we do nothing wrong and end up being treated this way. Hugs and you're definitely not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.