CES from an epidural

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have CES since an epidural shot for back pain. I then had surgery L4/5. I still have numbness in saddle area and legs and weakness in legs since Dec. 2014. Walking with walker is hard. No pain though but I have incontinence. Doing physical therapy for strengthening. Any other suggestions? I am in a wheelchair.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe I can help, may I ask your approximate age so I can make appropriate suggestions?
  • Posted

Hello my name is gloria i was Interested in your story because my husband also got ces from a back injection for pain. Immediately afterward he felt a burning in his balls And his feet felt numb then what we thought was constipation started the incontience problem along with horrible pain down the legs .the pain management dr at kaiser permante had told mike my husband he was too fat for back surgery So thats why he decided to have the injection but it didnt work .He was in agony and only then did that dr agree to set up the surgery about two weeks later. The surgery which was a fushion took away all the pain but mike has to use cathaters and manually help himself to go #2 .also he can only walk with a walker. I feel like this wouldnt have happened to him if he had been given the operation first. I hope these stories will help somebody and i pray that you will recover keep up the therapy to stay strong thats your hope to get better. We live in baltimore and my husband is 67 years old this all happened in may of 2015

• Posted

Hi there ... I am a year after surgery for l4/5 also and I have much same symptoms as yourself ... All you can do is keep fighting on and try your best to keep as active as you are able too.. Diet is a huge part to help all toilet issues try and eat as healthy as you can lots of veg and fruit and water ... And try and eat at same times every day so your toilets habits start to be one round about same time every day so then you can try and know when your likely to need to go ... Numbness im thinking mine is here to stay now along with the sensations of nerve damage .. I still have pain but it's bearable mostly and I can now finally walk about a little at a time ...

Wishing you all the best

XXXX. Karen

• Posted

Did you have numbness before the epidural shot, and if not did the shot damage your nerve causing CES
  • Posted

Did you have other injections for back pain befor you got ces and did the drs tell you when it happened? Ide like to hear more about what happened to you thanks gloria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.