CFS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, i had my blood test results back and they were normal. Does this mean anything in getting diagnosed with CFS? I get tired quite easily, as in after exercise. That is walking as well as not getting a good sleep in the sense i don't feel bright or refreshed afterwards.

I get aches and pains in my ankle and legs after walking, have concentration and memory issues and i get this kind of sore throat every so often. The sore throat occurs every month or so and has done ever since i had a severe bout of tonsilitis two years or three years ago, when in one year i had 3 lots of tonsilitis and almost got admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics as the oral ones exacerbated it.

Any thoughts and opinions on my symptoms would help.Thank You.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

It could be. It could also be fibromyalgia. M.e/cfs has so many different levels and differnet side effects. I have a severe relapse i cant barely walk in the house am housebound and off work since october and have severe dizziness and pins and needles. The fatigue with m.e/cfs is usually so bad that no matter where you are or what youre doing you need to lie down. Its not normal tiredness its debilitating. Have you discussed it with your doctor. Sometimes it can take a long time to get a diagnosis. I was eventually sent to a neurologist who diagnosed it. Be worth also asking for cortisol to be checked fir addisons disease and also Lyme disease blood test just to rule it out xx

• Posted

Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. ME/CFS do not have definitive tests to prove that is what it is - of course this makes it very frustrating for you. It's probably not a surprise that all your blood work came back normal. However, that is frustrating, in the very  least.  In my experience and with all the CFS people I know the diagnoisis is given after all the tests are normal. The label is seems to be  given after a process of elimination (of anything else).

There is no definitive treatment for ME/CFS. I've had it for 17 years and there is little I can do beside pacing to avoid flares (and crashes).  There is a lot of information on the internet on living/coping with CFS. Don;t be too disappointed if the doctors can't direct your diagnosis and treatment plan.  May doctors still don't believe the illness exists because there is still no emperical tests or diagnoises

You might want to explore online ME/CFS sites, they will have the lastest information and some have excellent chat rooms.

Please don't be discouraged, it sounds like you are doing everything right.

The best to you,

Karin

• Posted

Hi Angela,

There are different levels of CFS/me : mild, moderate and severe. Symptoms are varied and doctors tend to want to rule out other things that cause severe fatigue first. It's common to have normal blood results.

The unrefreshed sleep is common for lots of people with the condition as well as recurring illnesses that seem a person's personal CFS/me symptoms.

You can ask to be referred to a CFS/me service in the area for support and guidance with the condition as well as ways to help symptoms.

Hope that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.