CFS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have CFS and I am finding it very hard to cope with, it has as you know for yourselves, taken over my life and mobility too.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kath,

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time. I completely understand how hard it is to find ways to cope with this very debilitating and misunderstood illness. 

Have you been diagnosed and have you been given suggestions on what to do to feel better? Some people actually recover completely. 

I know pacing myself each day, 20 minutues of low intensity cardiovascular activity, and keeping stress levels at a minimum all help me. I also find that an tricyclic anti-depressant at bedtime improves the quality of my sleep. Mornings are the most difficult times, as I often feel exhausted and depressed.  Mid day and evenings are when I feel my best. My symptoms fluctuate during the day. Hope you can find some ways to cope. Karen 

• Posted

Hi! Karen, Thank you for replying, I do take an antidepressant last thing at night which does help a bit, also I do pace myself all the time but am finding even going on my mobility scooter I still get so fatigued.I am the same as you mornings are awful and midday and evenings are a lot better but even then the fatigue is there.I asked my GP if he could advise me on anything to improve it but he said there was nothing he could do and to carry on doing things the way I was now. Moan over Karen, Hope you find a way which will help you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.