CFS and Heart Rate & Blood pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has low blood pressure and if this is common in cfs, typically around 90/60 but my Heart rate is always high aroung 99-101. I know a high heart rate can be because you are unfit and suprise suprise its pretty hard to do any exercise. Just wondering if anyone else has this.

Thank You

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi.. thats sounds like POTS.. its quite common to have it with CFS.. i know i have both. Look it up you will be suprised how many of your symptoms are infact POTS related and not CFS. POTS is not known to many doctors so sadly does not get picked up. I had to make the suggestion to my own GP who agreeed with me totally when we looked at my total history. 
    • Posted

littleme is it possible to be diagnosed with CFS but it's just POTS and no CFS? Or did you mean it can be both?

• Posted

I've got low blood pressure too and get lightheaded if I get up too quickly or stand for too long. A good thing I was told to do if you get lightheaded is to clench and unclench your fists a few times as this apparently encourages the blood to flow better round the body.

• Posted

Low blood pressure very common with this illness. I have almost your exact same blood pressure. Low blood pressure and racing heart part of a condition called "POTS" (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). You can Google it for more info.

• Posted

YES, to low blood pressure.  But I don't think I have a fast heartbeat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.