CFS contangious?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys. Just wondering, can my girlfriend catch CFS from me? I'm stressing out I don't want her to deal with that. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

No.

not contagious . 

My first husband had it for 7 yrs and recovered . Now my second husband has it . I do not and never have had it  Although I wonder if I carry it ..lol 

but I don't as my second husband was struggling with it when we met.. 

As you study up and chat about CFS you will realise a certain type of person possibly with childhood or recent trauma bereavement, major operations , emotional situations at a certain point in their life possibly working really really hard with circumstances that cause stress, with possible exposure to chemicals or pollutants and a virus of some sort that you don't recover from. Lots of being the wrong place at the wrong time.. Get CFS . Your girl friend will be ok. 

The virus can be glandular fever, but can also be the common cold or gastric stomach bugs .... 

The polluntants can be anything from vanish, paints, printer inks pesticides  anything you are overly exposed to working with day in day out. 

Google gulf war syndrome and sheep dip illness you'll see a similarity to CFS. 

But remember your body can recover but it may take years ... 

• Posted

That's a very good question. I think it might still be a gray area. I didn't take any precautions with my husband, and he hasn't gotten it. I think it takes a perfect storm to get the illness, like a virus, stress, and a genetic predisposition. But you may want to Google this on a well-respected website, like Stanford University's CFS site.

• Posted

I don't want my girlfriend to get it. She's been tired lately but she just had a cold and it's making me anxious 
  • Posted

Interesting thought!!! I hope it is not passed on as wouldnt want my family suffering or anyone else. 
  • Posted

All research suggests that it is not a contagious condition / disease.  Don't worry. I've had it for 22years and I've been with my husband for 14years has not got it and we've got 2 kids together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.