CFS . Heart racing & palpitations

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone. Has anyone who has been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

suffered from their heart racing or heart palpitations after over exerting yourself?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya.

Im exactly same. Its awful isnt it. 

My chest feels like its shaking majority of the time and my heart to me feels like it can beat too fast then too slow . Your not alone hun :-)

• Posted

Hey I was given  beta-blockers as I would suffer from the same thing .  It is apparently quite common to feel your heart pulsatingly like that. It would worry me a lot but I have now been diagnosed with anxiety disorder.  Sorry but just feed up with cfs. Where is dr Finlay he is the best doctor who would help patients with cfs/me. Everyone else just give depression tablets, and not to find the core. His work is great!

Sorry if I sound up and down just having a not good day. X

• Posted

Since I developed ME/CFS I developed Atrial Fibrillation, which has necessitated me being hospitalised a few times, and other arrhythmias have shown up now and then. It's worth having a chat with the doctor responsible for overseeing your ME/CFS to see what they have to say about it as there may be treatment that can prescribed to help you. ... :-)

• Posted

hi Mazzie,

Does seem common with this condition. I already had cardiac arrhythmia so it doesn't worry me as I had the tests I needed for that. Can leave you feeling quite faint. Panic doesn't help so when it starts to happen- stop what you are doing and rest. 

My friend who also has CFS/ME gets this too and usually in the night when not doing anything. It used to really scare them but they have got used to it  now as well as the Dr running tests-nothing wrong with their heart.

Am curious, how/why are you over exerting yourself?

Beverley

• Posted

Hi Mazzie

I can relate with this, but as Beverley mentioned in her post, mine seem to be mostly at night when I'm in bed doing nothing, sometimes it wakes me up and I feel dizzy/ breathless, but I guess that may be due to panic/anxiety

Elaine x

• Posted

Yes I get that too. I've had my heart checked and it was OK. Think it must just be a weird symptom of the illness. You could maybe try pacing yourself more to try and avoid the symptoms. I find deep breathing and guided meditations very good for slowing the heart rate down.

• Posted

Yes! This is a very common symptom. I was very concerned when this first happened. I saw a cardiologist, who had me wear a Holter monitor for 1 day. Everything came back normal. My doctor prescribed a beta blocker (metropolol- 50 mg daily), which I've been taking for 15 years.  It has totally taken care of the problem.

• Posted

Hi , I have had this recently but I have a feeling my iron is low because I get dizzy when I turn my head quickly.

Palpations can be quite scary. Hope you pass soon. 

• Posted

Hi. Not, not by exertion, but I get it from stress at times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.