Cfs information can anyone help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've just found out last week while being in hospital that my vitamin d levels r very low so been put on vitamin d tablets has anyone had this my calucum levels were low but r ok now also decided to try acupuncture today she said it was my nervous system that is effected feel if someone has taken my brain away as not able to concentrate shake all the time upset also weakness in my head it's a nightmare would be interested of any feed back my balance is not good I'm really worried what is happening to me

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Angela you sound like myself 25 years of illness life is a nightmare you can't think straight you shake relentless pain brain fog lack of concentration you cry you don't know what has happened to you you can't sleep and you so need to sleep just to have the relief for a few hours  . Please don't take this the wrong way I only want to help I feel you may have an autoimmune disease that has been attacking your thyroid for many years and it is almost  if not completely destroyed leaving you with hypothyroidism . You don't mention being on any thyroid medication so am I right in thinking you have not been diagnosed with under active thyroid?? You have had the normal thyroid tests and they have come back from lab normal? These blood tests more often than not come back normal if you have autoimmune thyroiditis. I am not an expert just a fellow sufferer who has had to do  her own research as GP s and doctors could not find an answer to my illness and as all tests were normal said there is absolutely nothing wrong connected to thyroid , so I was labeled with CFS. How wrong all those doctors were so I continued to struggle through life . I know now that I have autoimmune thyroiditis and told I have not got nor ever had CFS !!! A simple thyroid ultrasound would show if indeed your thyroid has been destroyed ! You have probably had all kind s of Meds for different symptoms with little effect I would say what have you got to lose by going down this route. Doctors stick rigidly to TSH results and if in the past yours have showed normal that's an end to it and so you go on suffering the most debilitating symptoms . Please don't be annoyed or offended best wishes sy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.