CFS/ME is a post viral condition

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering from CFS/ME for two years. I found out I had EBV and HPV-6 viruses. Great news to hear the government has now given £10 million to research post-viral conditions - after so many getting 'Long Covid' Just want to say to everyone out there I believe sufferers can recover. I'm gradually improving, with good help and advice. I really believe the so-called 'psychological' causes are a red herring (although looking after yourself is very important). There's light at the end of the tunnel!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Keep us updated on your progress, been suffering similar thing for around 3- months since cold/viral infection that I had in early February.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.